Pirate 4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It takes forever to get parts from them now. Earlier this year it took almost 3 months to get a Dana 60 front truss kit and now I've been waiting a month and a half on 2 diff covers. I would have gone elsewhere for the covers but they are the only ones that have a ring to bolt to a truss for added strength.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
hell, I just got off the phone with them. My order is coming along just fine??? Never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i have had a couple of issues with them as well as my roomate and most others

if anyone else makes a product that will work for me i order there first if i cant afford to wait at least a month and a half for btf stuff.

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
What did Dan say when you called and asked?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He says that they are waiting on parts to come back from the laser cutters. My problem is that when I ordered them I was told a week and a half. Plus I'm looking at an ad on the back of Crawl magazine that states "If we don't have what your looking for, we can cut your part the same day on our in house CNC plasma table.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Do you have any idea what the quality difference is between a plasma and a laser cutter? I doubt you want the plasma, and if you did get it you would be back here posting it is horrible quality for what you paid. But I'm sure if you want plasma you can call Dan and he can ship it the same day.

He says that they are waiting on parts to come back from the laser cutters. My problem is that when I ordered them I was told a week and a half. Plus I'm looking at an ad on the back of Crawl magazine that states "If we don't have what your looking for, we can cut your part the same day on our in house CNC plasma table.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Do you have any idea what the quality difference is between a plasma and a laser cutter? I doubt you want the plasma, and if you did get it you would be back here posting it is horrible quality for what you paid. But I'm sure if you want plasma you can call Dan and he can ship it the same day.
wow, my uncles komatsu plasma cuts as nice as their trumpf laser:p

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I had a problem with getting a order awhile back. But they did say they would ship the order for free, because of the delay. (didnt happen). Still billed my credit card.:mad3:
Thats why my last 2 orders came from Ballistic Fab.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
You need to call and talk to Dan directly. BlueTorch has been and will continue to be one of the most reputible vendors here. They see a ton of business because of it.

Dan is a stand up guy and will make any issue right. Call him.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dan and I have been emailing back and forth. I'm not trying to slam Bluetorch, I'm just wondering why the long delays on getting parts out.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
So to speculate on the largest 4x4 chat board about one of the most reputable shops in the industry seems like the right thing to do?

Not that I'm saying anything just questioning your motives?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The fact that I paid for the items on July 16th and it is now Sept. 4th and I still don't have my diff covers is not speculation.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Everytime Upper2 or I, or some of our friends order it takes months to get parts. That's the running joke now, order 6 months in advance. I used to be an advocate for BTF, but now, after having to plan 3 different builds around BTFs schedule, I've looked into other alternatives.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Everytime Upper2 or I, or some of our friends order it takes months to get parts. That's the running joke now, order 6 months in advance. I used to be an advocate for BTF, but now, after having to plan 3 different builds around BTFs schedule, I've looked into other alternatives.
You should search here before posting and you would answer your own question. Dan got on the board a while back saying that they were having some vendor problems of their own and BTF was trying correct the problems to get orders out faster.

Unless you just wanted to come on here and bitch about BTF :confused:

It seems to me they have grown faster than they can keep up with and are going through growing pains. If you need parts faster than maybe try a vendor that you know can get you stuff fast, or wait for BTF quality parts. There are a lot of vendors making the same type of diff covers now, FWIW.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks to me like the fella stayed in topic with his statement to me.
The title of the area is "Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc... ".

This ought to fall under etc.

Seems to me that he has a legitimate gripe. If you can`t provide a service or product when you advertise it, it is very simple to say so when or at the very least around the time the order was made. If guys like him didn't make this known then guys like me that do a search on sellers before they buy wouldn't know about the problem. This way I can call and ask when I will for sure get it before I order it. This in no way is a bash on the vendors quality or craftsmanship, just that maybe he has bit off more than he or his suppliers can chew. This is very good information for people who order for a third party that might be on here bashing us for the same thing next week when our only fault is ummmm having a problem with our supplier.

I don't think a man should be dumped on because he makes it know he is having trouble getting what he is promised....what you are doing is bullying the guy and trying to make him think he is in the wrong.

BTF is a-ok in my book, but I still want my stuff yesterday if not sooner. Two months of waiting is silly, maybe even justifies a refund.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.