Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
at least his springs are better than mine! :flipoff2:

Im sure its fine as long as he runs over curbs and speedbumps at the mall with only his passenger side :laughing:

·
Registered
860 Posts
long travel possibly? but then again he would prolly have it listed as a mod on ebay cuz it would make it worth more... who knows

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
flimmy said:

BINGO, looks like the shaft would pull apart as soon as that side drops down.
I only see about 1.5" of spline showing... if any less shows, it would bottom out on compression

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Chrisf said:

I agree with that
Ditto here too. I'd shoot for even more than that showing at rest... that's why a long-travel slip joint of some sort is needed, which that one is not.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
DRM, too get way off topic, War has never put an end to communism, only made it stronger, the other examples are correct though.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If thats enough slip then why does Jess sell the long slip shafts ? Looks like 7" of slip tops if you go by DRM's 1.5" of spline showing. And with Alcan springs I think they may flex enough to pull the shaft apart.

·
Registered
48 Posts
just an uneducated guess but i only count 3 leafs in that pack, i thought alcans had more than that. Plus that looks way too clean and shiny:flipoff2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Slowerthanu said:
DRM, too get way off topic, War has never put an end to communism, only made it stronger, the other examples are correct though.
Please dont get this n00b started:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
The pline looks fine, and looks like a typical spicer slip yoke..

·
Registered
351 Posts
just an uneducated guess but i only count 3 leafs in that pack, i thought alcans had more than that. Plus that looks way too clean and shiny
There are 5 leaves in my front Alcans, like 7 or 8 in the rear. Mine are clean and shiny too. :flipoff2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts