Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the longest roadtrip you took in a mog? And if you wanted to get someplace far (700-900 miles), did you just tow it? I travel far often (at least once a month 1000-1800 miles round trip) and I can't see myself driving the mog. I would love to have it where I travel though for 4 wheeling.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
NY to OH

about 12 hours? Have done a 7 hour run too. My mog has a turbo diesel transplanted into it and the seats are not stock. Its fine to cruise in.

Now for you.... what mog are u talking about and are you in a hurry? Put new seats and shocks in a 404 and cruise at 50mph on the flats. Slower on inclines..... WAYYYYYY slower on hills and a crawwllll on mountain passes... while enjoying all the the pretty scenery along the way; pretty gurls gawking at u.., I mean the landscape. Take the long route and drive thru scenic little towns etc and you'll be just fine.

If your in a hurry..... put it on a trailer. You can't tow it!!! or spend the buks to get something with fast axles (but still dont plan on averaging over 55mph)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My seats are custom recliners and I do have the fast axles. But when I go somewhere, from Orange County to Phoenix to NM or Orange County to Mexico, it's minimum 360 to 800 miles one way and this is often. Oh, I meant trailering it, not towing it.

I do love the outdoors, that's why I drive, but way to long in a Mog as often as I travel.

Curious as to what you'all do for major road trips when done often.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
BKino said:

Curious as to what you'all do for major road trips when done often.

Thanks
They take another car!

Keep your mog and rent or lease a car for the trips? Buy road car? Take the wifes and leave her the Mog...... hmmm on second thought NOOOOOOO dont do that :flipoff2:

Mogs are not designed for travel. Those that buy a mog with that in mind, like you quickly end up selling them. They are designed for work not travel.

Mine will not be often but... I hopeeeeee to be making long trips. That's why I bought it. Mine will be a poor mans expedition camper. AKA.. a go anywhere camper the working class can relate too. Built by many many hard hours of labor to pay for it. Little to no sponsors and prayy to god I can sell an article or two to pretend I can someday make ends meet. I'll even be running on cheap waste vegetable oil as fuel.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I hopeeeeee to be making long trips. That's why I bought it. Mine will be a poor mans expedition camper. AKA.. a go anywhere camper the working class can relate too. Built by many many hard hours of labor to pay for it. Little to no sponsors and prayy to god I can sell an article or two to pretend I can someday make ends meet. I'll even be running on cheap waste vegetable oil as fuel.
That is cool though!!! :p

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've done about 10 hrs in a 406. Was trying to go from central NC to Tellico and didn't quite make it. Voltage regulator decided to crap out and fried a brand new Optima. Battery was too hot to touch. Top speed was 53 mph down hill! Average top speed was 49 to 50 mph.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That was one of the reasons I chose a G instead of the Mog. There was a Doka I was DYING to own, but new that driving serveral hours on the highway a day I probably wouldn't be happy. With the new engine I cruise at 2400 RPM at 80 mph. Yah hoo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts