Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got this add in the mail for a cleerance invintory place and saw this and was thinking thats too good of a price so it must be a made in China POS, but I thought Id see what you guys think

·
Registered
348 Posts
That ain't a good price, everybody sells the e8000 for 599. I don't know where they get the 1199 list price from, unless the guys selling $400 toilet seats to the govt have branched out into winches. List price is 699 and nobody sells for list. Seems like I've seen them on deep discount in the high 400s. But I'd rather have a Warn, if you shop real hard you can get a Warn M8000 for the low 500s, that's the best bang for the buck. Or spend a little more for a fancier warn like the hs9500 or the old faithful 8274.

·
Registered
891 Posts
e 8000

OK, here is a little product review for ya.

I paid 399$ for mine, that included shipping. Brand New

Its not lightning fast, but that was to be expected really.

It terms of power. I am happy with it. I managed to get my jeep stuck on its skid the other day and I then managed to rock it around enough to where there was not a single tire touching the ground...the skid was hung up on a stump...dont ask...anyway there was nothing to hook my winch to so I went and got my Ranger and parked it in front of the jeep...well my skid was stuck good...at first I parked the truck facing away from me..no go, it just pulled the truck to me...yes it was in gear.... then turned the truck sideways, no go, the winch pulled it straight, then in to me...so after digging a small ditch and getting my ranger hung up... The winch pulled the skid over the stump and took some of the stump with it, granted I am still failry light but the winch will pull my jeep about anywhere, I am not going use it for comps or anything and I am in school so I dont really get to wheel that much, only got out 3 or 4 times last summer, so I am real happy with it and it has saved me enough times in those 4 trips to pay for it in my opinion...I would call it a weekend warrior winch,,,but it works for me...Did I mention 399$ to my door...I think I did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts