Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got to use my parents Lance since they don't like climbing into the bed anymore. Took 8 camping next to the river. 97 squire lit and 97 truck,

The spot that we scored in the dark unknowingly

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
Guess I should add mine to the bunch. 07 5.9 cummins 6speed. Torklift everything including a 48" extension. 02 fleetwood caribou with slide.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Looks like I may get away without one of those expensive hitch extenders. Just picked this one up over the weekend, and had to run it over to storage before the HOA nazis gave me a no-no letter. I plan on picking up some legit bed mounts.

What is everyone doing to repair the front hooks? It seems typical the fronts are over tightened and pull loose.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Here is my setup, I run a torquelift hitch and a 42" extension. Goes down the road like its not even there! Trailer has a 6" lift so it doesn't drag everywhere

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
For those guys asking about camper steps here is a bad shot of mine. I would love to claim credit but they came with my camper. Slides in to the receiver so is a little bit of a pain having to unhook trailer at camp. The steps are expanded aluminum and are not nice to bare feet.

·
ROKRAPR
1,581 Posts
Man, I need to look up extension hitch technology. That looks really long :eek: I was hoping to run a Lance 825 and not run much of an extension. Like mentioned before, It comes down to each individual application.

Bump!

2012 Dodge and 2010 Lance 825

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Man, I need to look up extension hitch technology. That looks really long :eek: I was hoping to run a Lance 825 and not run much of an extension. Like mentioned before, It comes down to each individual application.

Bump!
Reese 24 inch extension with a Curt class V hitch

·
Registered
807 Posts
Wahistrom , since you have a flatbed do you plan in getting a camper that is made for flatbeds? I would think they have more room inside than the tyoical slide in.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Wahistrom , since you have a flatbed do you plan in getting a camper that is made for flatbeds? I would think they have more room inside than the tyoical slide in.
Yes sir! That was a big reason I held out for the longer wheelbase truck to run the 11' deck. I plan on hiring Mark (Rocky on here) with the F700 4x4 camper thread to build me the shell and I'll outfit the box. I plan on a rear side entry door and a full length slide out down the one side along with a rear fold out couch and bunk so the future kids can sleep without folding the table into a bed. I absolutely hated setting that crap up/down as a kid camping.

It'll end up costing near as much as a new truck camper however I'll have a boatload more useable space. I have enough room under the deck to run the propane under there as well and put my 2500watt propane genset under the deck behind the tires so I can use it even without the camper.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Yes sir! That was a big reason I held out for the longer wheelbase truck to run the 11' deck. I plan on hiring Mark (Rocky on here) with the F700 4x4 camper thread to build me the shell and I'll outfit the box. I plan on a rear side entry door and a full length slide out down the one side along with a rear fold out couch and bunk so the future kids can sleep without folding the table into a bed. I absolutely hated setting that crap up/down as a kid camping.

It'll end up costing near as much as a new truck camper however I'll have a boatload more useable space. I have enough room under the deck to run the propane under there as well and put my 2500watt propane genset under the deck behind the tires so I can use it even without the camper.

Nice! You are doing exactly what I want to do! Unfortunately the bank account says... not going to happen :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize that your post is 10 years old but maybe there's a chance you'll answer this question.

Those braquets that old your BBQ, are they home made or bought ?
I've been looking all over the internet for this exact solution to a very similar Lance truck camper.
Your exact setup is the best I found but can't find it on the web. Do you by anychance remember who build those or where you bought them. Thank you in advance.

Here is my tow/camper rig

98.5 dodge 67,000 miles
-goerend trans w/billet conv
-4" inline exhaust brake w/ATS controller
-TST power max 3
-Edge EZ
-chassis mounted remote controlled fifth wheel landing gear to level truck with camper
-12K winch
-7"LCD screen w/ backup and pass side cameras mounted to camper
-Dayton 8 leaf rear springs additional 2800 lb capacity
-12 volt puma air compressor
-dual (4 total) rear air bags w/auto leveling valves on a pivot mount to equalize pressure in both bags during susp articulation
-Ford Dana 60 front hub swap

2005 arctic fox 1140 alum frame, full wall slide out
-280 watts solar
-2500 watt LP generator
-2 group 27 concorde sun extender dry batteries
-1500 watt inverter
-ice maker wired into inverter for cocktail cubes 24-7 anywhere
-2 lcd flat panels 2 dvd players and a video distribution system to watch separate shows or the same show including surround sound
-portable exterior movie projector for the kids
-side and rear awnings
-swing out SS BBQ mounted to rear bumper & tied into LP
-swing out SS Stove mounted to rear bumper & tied into LP
-roll up 7x8 astro turf carpet at rear awning
-outside stainless and aluminum flip up shower curtain frame with hot and cold water, perfect to hose off the kids when they play in the mud.

241 - 260 of 263 Posts