Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where can I get them. I've seen them before...a 2 piece design. But I can't find them anywhere right now.

5 on 4.5 to 8 lug

·
Registered
557 Posts
so you want to convert a 5 bolt axle to 8 bolt?
why?

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
Why does it matter what he has for axles? Who cares? He told you everything you wanted to know about why he needed the spacers. If you really want to know, I'd be willing to bet he's probably got a D30 front and maybe an 8 lug 60 rear.
Scott

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
so you want to convert a 5 bolt axle to 8 bolt?
why?
I ask the same thing when I see people converting from 8 lug to the weaker 5 lug pattern. If the other axle is 5 lug IMO I would convert it to 8 to make them match. At least he is going to a stronger BP and in the end, it is his junk let him do what he wants.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
I have two used 5 on 4.5 to 8 lug adaptors sitting here. $86 shipped they are yours. These I made personally and they arent a two piece design. The two bolt patterns have lots of space between them. These were ran on a rubicon 44 front to match a dana 60 rear.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have two used 5 on 4.5 to 8 lug adaptors sitting here. $86 shipped they are yours. these I made personally and they arent a two piece design. The two bolt patterns have lots of space between them. These were ran on a rubicon 44 front to match a dana 60 rear.

I'll take them. PM sent.

Thanks

Yes it is to match a Dana 30 to a swapped rear axle.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ask the same thing when I see people converting from 8 lug to the weaker 5 lug pattern. If the other axle is 5 lug IMO I would convert it to 8 to make them match. But it is his junk let him do what he wants.

Not my junk actually :shaking:

But the customer doesn't need the stronger front axle or money spent on a conversion.

Thanks for your brilliant opinion though. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Pirate is funny.....everyone knows best lol

He bought someones half finished project and will not be needing it built to the same level as the owner who started the build.

Not hard to understand at all.

Not to mention that the Dana 30 front is only stronger than the dana 35 rear by a fawking huge margin to begin with. Seems perfectly logical to upgrade a rear 35 to match the strength of the front 30 if you think about it....as long as you are not growing too big.

There's more to the wheeling world than 60's, rocks, mogs, and 40+inch sticky tires. The average guy builds a much different rig than many of us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts