1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not much wheeling around Flag but good stuff within an hours drive. Really good stuff within a 2 hour drive.
Thank you sir, thats not too far but not quite as close as I would like it. What are the driving regulations like could I get away with driving my rig on the street?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thank you sir, thats not too far but not quite as close as I would like it. What are the driving regulations like could I get away with driving my rig on the street?

You should have no problem with that, some buggies are considered legal here. You may not even need mud flaps as your vehicle is likely considered a "station wagon". Most great wheeling is within a couple of hours of freeway/highway driving.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
if it has reg and ins you can drive it here.
That's good to know.

You should have no problem with that, some buggies are considered legal here. You may not even need mud flaps as your vehicle is likely considered a "station wagon". Most great wheeling is within a couple of hours of freeway/highway driving.
I consider it a more of a "grocery getter". If it was a four door it would more of a "station wagon".:laughing: Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I may end up moving to the Flagstaff area and was wondering if there are many good trails/ good rock crawling near by? I don't know Arizona at all, did some searching on flagstaff wheelin and didn't really end up with anything. Let me know.
There's good wheeling up here in Flag. you just need to know the right group to show you around. Just be worned that wheeling in AZ. will cause body damage. The canyons we crawl in are tight. Moab is a 6 hour drive, between Cottonwood and Sedona is about 2 hours, Table Mesa is about 2.5 hours. Lot's of good crawling with in a short drive.

Flag 4wheelers is not very active at this point but Let me know when you get here I a will hook you up with some guys that wheel hard.

Mike

·
Registered
333 Posts
There's good wheeling up here in Flag. you just need to know the right group to show you around. Just be worned that wheeling in AZ. will cause body damage. The canyons we crawl in are tight. Moab is a 6 hour drive, between Cottonwood and Sedona is about 2 hours, Table Mesa is about 2.5 hours. Lot's of good crawling with in a short drive.

Flag 4wheelers is not very active at this point but Let me know when you get here I a will hook you up with some guys that wheel hard.

Mike
Mike, I may need to get a wheeling fix some time. I only know a few locals to wheel with. Did you ever buy an F-toy?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Mike
Thank you sir I appreciate the info and the offer. The full bodied setup is really due to the wet and cold conditions we deal with here in the NorthWest. If I were to move down there I would lose alot of the body, definatly the back half or build a tube buggie. This full body is a lot of weight to lug around all the time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you sir I appreciate the info and the offer. The full bodied setup is really due to the wet and cold conditions we deal with here in the NorthWest. If I were to move down there I would lose alot of the body, definatly the back half or build a tube buggie. This full body is a lot of weight to lug around all the time.
Flag is not like the rest of the State, We get really cold snowy winters.
Many nights in the winter are below 10 deg. and we get around 5 snow storms a year that bring 12-24" of snows each. Full body rigs are nice to have up here.

Jamie,

I have not gotten a F-toy yet, I am still planning to buy/build some type of buggy though.

Mike

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well fair enough, I did not know that about Flagstaff. Like I said before, I know nothing about AZ but I am learning. Sounds kinda like central Oregon high desert, that's my old stomping ground.
We're classified as high desert. Plenty of ponderosa pine forest up here. We actually have winter, though it never really freezes, and when you get tired of it just head about 45 minutes down the road and voila no more snow and winter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
not sure if you would be interested - but in May is the Overland Expo (event is in AZ this yr)...not the rockcrawling group, but def a ton of people that like to wheel outdoors.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We're classified as high desert. Plenty of ponderosa pine forest up here. We actually have winter, though it never really freezes, and when you get tired of it just head about 45 minutes down the road and voila no more snow and winter.
Sounds pretty nice to me, I'll have to come take a look around some time this year.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
One of these days you, Bull & Rat are gonna have to show us lowlanders some of your trails...... :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am going out to do some flexing tomorrow. Give me a call @ six 1 six 836 eight two 2 8 if you want to go. I will give mountain rat a call to see what he is up to.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am going out to do some flexing tomorrow. Give me a call @ six 1 six 836 eight two 2 8 if you want to go. I will give mountain rat a call to see what he is up to.
May be able to play, just know that I am not street legal. Hopefully my trailer is not blocked in at my friends house. Bull may be working tomorrow, we do not have any east holidays, but I am not sure if he works 8's or 40 10's like I do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts