Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wheelin in AZ- the GRAVEYARD- wanna go?

looking for some guys that want to wheel this portion of miners revenge near superior off battle ax road. the largest boulder field i have seen so far. looking to run this saturday the 22nd.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yeah, Ive probably seen bigger too, but I dont know till I go out there.:D Hey Chris, Let me know when your gonna take that thing on its maiden voyage, I want to see it in action!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, no doubt this is not the KING of rock gardens but it will get your attention :) if you have never done miners revenge it is worth a run at it. not as many ledges and tight squeezes as H2H but the graveyard has more loose type boulders. plenty of a challenge for my YJ. i'll probably hang closer to tucson if we can't get a few to do the YARD and go out to chimney rock in reddington pass.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Done Miner's Revenge, but haven't seen the boulder field
you mention. Sounds like I gotta check it out sometime.

Jay

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
"Graveyard" sounds like an exageration to me. Done miners revenge too. It was all filled in not worth the drive up. Seems that trail changes a lot with the rain.

There are some parts, don't know how to describe them in relation to the trail, but they are incredible. I'm talking 6-8' drops, really tight stuff. I could get there again if I had to, but until they start closing nasty trails down here we won't. JackA has seen the sections I'm talking about, they're nasty. There are all kinds of unexplored crazy scary lines up near Superior. Buggy's would have a hard time doing them kind of stuff.

Enjoy miners Revenge for what it's worth. It's a good 4.0

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pmurf1 said:
"Graveyard" sounds like an exageration to me. Done miners revenge too. It was all filled in not worth the drive up. Seems that trail changes a lot with the rain.

There are some parts, don't know how to describe them in relation to the trail, but they are incredible. I'm talking 6-8' drops, really tight stuff. I could get there again if I had to, but until they start closing nasty trails down here we won't. JackA has seen the sections I'm talking about, they're nasty. There are all kinds of unexplored crazy scary lines up near Superior. Buggy's would have a hard time doing them kind of stuff.

Enjoy miners Revenge for what it's worth. It's a good 4.0

yeah- the "graveyard " portion as named by others is not part of the original miners revenge run i am told. we didn't see the graveyard right off- had to look for it. miners revenge has one large waterfall that we went DOWN in order to take the rest of the run UP. the falls is solid smooth rock- about a 12' drop. it was wet so the freefall down was slippery. some opted for a winch down. after the waterfall the trail folloaws the wash through some obstacles then leaves the wash soon and goes up an old road which is just full of rocks and a couple ledges. miners revenge is really a short run which i would rate a 4.0+ if you go DOWN the waterfall and a 4.5+ if you go up- would be winch mandatory.

the GRAVEYARD is at the end of MR and is a narrow ROCKY wash just packed with boulders. it is maybe 1/4 mile long with a good 6' ledge at the end with a deadman if needed to winch off. the beginning of the GY has a double ledge. i would rate the GY portion 4.5+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts