Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just mooved up to Coos Bay, Oregon from Sac and i'm looking for some places to go 4 wheelin, if anyone knows of some spots let me know, and do you know of any BB for the Oregon Area?

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
snagtooth said:
there is some stuff over near bend too, and if you are willing to drive there is good stuff in washington. I'm in bend and I am planning a trip to Tillamook State Forest (browns camp). get ahold of me and maybe we can meet up for it.
-calvin
Hey snagtooth where do you wheel around Bend? When are you heading to TSF or Washington next ? We go to TSF second weekend in April, we do the Jolly Jeepers run in July, and the Flat Broke club poker run in October.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the info, washington is a little to far to travel right now. I tried extreme4x4s but got a dns error. anyone else up in this area that knows of some good places

·
Registered
435 Posts
there are quite a few places around tillamook. thats all i know at this point. But that first site given looks great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are several good trails above Coos Bay in the Elliot State Forest (above Alleghany)

There are also a couple trails up above Lakeside - and also out towards Sumner towards Laverne Park (east of Coquille)

Another good place to go is down the North Spit out of Horsefall Beach (near the New Carissa wreckage)

I grew up down there - and never had a shortage of places to go - although the sand dunes were definitely the most fun place to play!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Norm said:
There is no wheelin in Oregon, go back to California :flipoff2: .
Norm, how have you been? Matt from LaPine here. Done anything to your Jeep since I seen it last? Kind of a dumb question I guess, who has a Jeep and leaves it be for more than a month at a time :D Mine is undergoing some more changes, you will hardly recognize it.

We are doing our Spring trip to TSF the second weekend in April, we'll camp at Browns Camp Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights most likely. We are planning on running Firebreak 5, Archers, Cedar, The Crushers, and?? Hope you can make it, and anyone else who wants to go along chime in! I'll post up as it gets closer also. Matt

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
notcrazyjustNuTz said:

We are doing our Spring trip to TSF the second weekend in April, we'll camp at Browns Camp Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights most likely. We are planning on running Firebreak 5, Archers, Cedar, The Crushers, and?? Hope you can make it, and anyone else who wants to go along chime in! I'll post up as it gets closer also. Matt
Just so you know, Cedar Trail is now closed for good. Been talk of it for the last four years. I guess they are going to log that area in the near future. The Crusher trails will keep you plenty busy though. :D Be cool to meet all of you up there but I will be in Moab that week. Maybe you can make another trip later in summer.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
works like this

Sand on the coast

Steep amd deep from the coast to the cascades

Mud and crap in the Valley

Rocks and ravines east of the cascades

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
stonewall said:
I just mooved up to Coos Bay, Oregon from Sac and i'm looking for some places to go 4 wheelin, if anyone knows of some spots let me know, and do you know of any BB for the Oregon Area?

Thanks
I meet some guys on the Rubicon from Coos Bay and North Bend a few years back - they were a pretty cool bunch - they had a club I think it was the Junk Yard Jeepers (??)

If they are still around look them up...

As for other places to wheel in OR - Browns Camp is a lot of fun. Hitting the snow in the mountains is always an option, just head for the Cascades, find a unmaintined forest service road that isn't closed and have at it! The dunes up in Florence are a hoot as is Sand Lake outside of Tillamook.

Just get a hold of a club and get wheeling.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
What is there in Bend, and where? I get over there a few times a year, would be cool to hit something up.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
snagtooth said:
there is some stuff over near bend too, and if you are willing to drive there is good stuff in washington. I'm in bend and I am planning a trip to Tillamook State Forest (browns camp). get ahold of me and maybe we can meet up for it.
-calvin
im down for a run to tillamook soon, need to try out my 37s

Ben

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
Ben Holloway said:

im down for a run to tillamook soon, need to try out my 37s

Ben

They will work fine on the street, I thought I told you that already :flipoff2: You know you wanna run my 38.5 SXs when you get here ;)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Ben Holloway said:
enough to keep your truck busy, if your over here hevy let me know, we will go wheeling, PM me if you are interested

Ben
Sounds good man, I will shoot you a PM next time I'm out that way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts