Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
How old are those pictures? I know there has to be 3 or 4 feet of snow now. looks like a cool place.
It was last Saturday 1/3/09. Raton dosn't get the snow that Colorado or some parts of New Mexico get. If it does get snow it melts fast and dosn't pile up like the higher elevations do.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like fun! :smokin:

How many miles of trails?
The rock crawling gulch was about 1/2 mile, but there's alot more to be opened. Not sure what the total distance is of all the trails.:homer:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I can't wait to get down there and hit this area. Give us a call if you need any help clearing or cutting new trails. We would love to be a part of it !

·
Registered
58 Posts
That was some fun stuff for sure. That park will be kick as$$$$ when its done!:smokin:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Who did you contact to run this area? there is a small group of us wanting to run down there this spring.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
You can contact Richard Robilio @ 575-445-2012 or
myself on my cell @ 575-447-5397.

We welcome any and all help we can get.

Also would like to thank the Rock Junkies for the awesome pics posted of our park. Cant wait to see you all again. Hopefully I will have my jeep fixed by then.
whats your name? I'm interested in doing something soon...cabin fever :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
$20 a Rig.. :D

we went down this saturday with a group of wheelers from Colorado Springs..

one rig (Eric Younger) made it about 50 feet into a virgin canyon.. It still needed alot of brush cut out and cleaned up.. it will be a Difficult trail. it gets very steep with undercuts and large boulders in the center of the canyon.

Once he clears out all of the canyons it will make a good day of wheeling for a well built rig. and its only 2 hours from the springs, We had fun! i have a few photos i need to load up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow this is late, but i figured i would post up those photos from the trip at the beginning of the year. Sorry they are all cell phone shots, but it may convince some guys to run down there. and Robilio to clear out more trails..

Nice View From one of the trails -

The Owners Rig - this thing is Sweet :D

just a Fluke Flop from not paying attention

Some of the Trail Eric Started up

This canyon gets Steeper, and way Nastier at the top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Contact Info for Park Reservations

For Reservations at the park please contact Richard Robillo Directly at 505-990-5444 or 505-918-2479.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am building a new website for Richard for the Raton Park. I was wondering if you would be willing to write up a testimonial from your trip to the park. PM me if you are willing. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts