Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be wheeling the Rubicon on june 2 to the 3. I will be starting on the lake side and going to Georgetown. This will be my first time on the Rubicon but not my first time wheeling. I would rather wheel with some one if possible. Can anyone run this with me mid week.

Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
What about the Georgetown side? How far is reasonable?
you should be good coming in from loon lake (georgetown)
just try to stay out of the mud holes and tread lightly
also try to stay away from rubicon springs...it floods pretty good sometimes and screws up the guys property when you go through the water..

post up when it gets closer i might just go as well

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I will keep you posted. It would be helpfull to Know what to stay away from. I am a believer in tread lightly.

UFWDA, WOHA

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
That time of the year is a crap shoot. If we have an early melt, it will be fine in most places with a fair bit of snow on the Tahoe side, but reasonable. If we have a lte season, you could still be in snow on the Loon end, and potentially doing damage to the trail. Best bet is to plan to go in Loon as suggested, and get a better feel for the trail as the date draws nearer.

I'm pleased to see that people are thinking this way!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will cancel this trip and plan it for a better time of year. What is a good dry time of year there?

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you go in late July or early Aug there's a good chance you can make barit lake as well

·
Registered
876 Posts
Make sure to post up or pm me as the time gets closer, I might be able to go... Or come for Marlins round up later in the year,,, that's always fun

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ill be there from Iowa June 17,18,19th. My brother and a few other locals are going with, small group 3-6 vehicles I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts