Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it had had been so long since I had been wheeling...and the vehicles have changed so drastically in abilities and styles...Needless to say that Memorial Day weekend I was so happy to just be on A trail of any kind.

This year also marks the switch from wheeling with a manual tranny to an automatic. I had a feeling that I would like it...and though after only one trip on this rig under my ownership I love the feeling of the slushbox. Things just seem to be smoother and more under my control.

Since I as of lately I have been doing all of the shooting and no driving I was stoked to be able to drive and have video shot of me...Mainly because I love to see the lines that you didn't pick, because you can't see them when your nose is pointed to the sky. One thing I noticed is that I am going to have to teach my buddy's how to shoot the good angles for perception, depth, and contrast of character...

The video I put together is nothing too extreme...just some rocks, some trails, some JEEP pulling outs and etc. I just love making movies and thought I would share my Scout...

This video is long...don't get pissy if you feel like you wasted 8 minutes of your life...it is a Scout you are looking at... :flipoff2:

Harvester of Sorrow in Naches (18mb).............................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLICK HERE!!

Can't wait to get more Scout footage in Naches.

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cajun said:
Nice rig, great video! What camera/format/editing software are you using?
Just an analog Sony Hi8mm that has USB streaming capabilites. I bought it instead of a Digital a couple of years ago.... :rolleyes: I wish I had a Digital for compression and quality reasons.

As for software...I am just using Windows MovieMaker II that comes with Windows XP Service Pack 2. It is free and does an adequate job for now. There are tricks to using it to get good results....As a result I have spent lots of time on my ass in front of the monitor learning how to make it work well and smoothly.

IF I had my choice...I would be shooting with what the big boyz use...A large format 16:9 Digital camera in the 2500-3500.00 range. And I would use Final Cut from Adobe.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Harvester of Sorrow said:
Just an analog Sony Hi8mm that has USB streaming capabilites. I bought it instead of a Digital a couple of years ago.... :rolleyes: I wish I had a Digital for compression and quality reasons.

As for software...I am just using Windows MovieMaker II that comes with Windows XP Service Pack 2. It is free and does an adequate job for now. There are tricks to using it to get good results....As a result I have spent lots of time on my ass in front of the monitor learning how to make it work well and smoothly.

IF I had my choice...I would be shooting with what the big boyz use...A large format 16:9 Digital camera in the 2500-3500.00 range. And I would use Final Cut from Adobe.

Picky, I know, but Final Cut is an Apple product. Adobe is Premier. Either way, both are good products but I don't think Final Cut will do PC...Mac only.

I have shot and edited some wheelin video. Good fun. Keep it up and have fun with it. The learning curve of the more advanced editing software takes even more time to learn, but you are off to a good start.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This year also marks the switch from wheeling with a manual tranny to an automatic. I had a feeling that I would like it...and though after only one trip on this rig under my ownership I love the feeling of the slushbox. Things just seem to be smoother and more under my control.
:D :cool2: :D

Nice wheelin.

Like the driver shots, makes me want to be there!

What's in the front diff? posi?

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill usn-1 said:
:D :cool2: :D

Nice wheelin.

Like the driver shots, makes me want to be there!

What's in the front diff? posi?
A Powerlock...changing it out with a lunchbox is on the farther out things to do. It does "ok" I have noticed...BUT there are/where a couple of times that it sure would have been nice to have the weighted wheel get some damn driving force.

I am thinking that when the tires need replacement I am going to do some things like....

39.5 IROKS or 37 MAXXIS
weld on beadlocks
lunchbox lock front
Redneck Ram assist on front

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I went lock-rite front and posi rear just for all the driving I'm doing with mine right now! But i brought a spare carrier just in case!!!! :D

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
RustoleumWhite said:
seat time..... whats that???

The only time I have been putting into my scout has been wrench time - actually grinder/welder time. I wish I could put in some time behind the wheel!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
sweet shit, great stuff, i wish i was there...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Nice HOS it looks like the power lok worked well....Those are 38's right? Thanks for sharing it with us man that was :cool2:

BTW what are you runnin for u-joints in the front end...? spicer,yukon,ctm????

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Nice video buddy..... I like your choice of music too. All around great job!!!

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BLK Scout 800 said:
Nice HOS it looks like the power lok worked well....Those are 38's right? Thanks for sharing it with us man that was :cool2:

BTW what are you runnin for u-joints in the front end...? spicer,yukon,ctm????
1. The Powerlok works "OK" just not what I would like.

2. The tires are 36" TSL's that are really broke in and thus running on the small side of 36's. Hence wanting to go with some 37" MAXXIS or 39.5 IROKS.

3. Joints...Ummm...whatever BEN W our moderator was running in it... :) The Powerlok probably helps in keeping them alive... :evil:

I should probably ask BEN W what size joints are in the axles and the drive shafts.... :shaking: since I forgot to ask and I really don't want to go wheeling without any spares...

I didn't have one spare part other than the hose clamps that I used for the springs....fucking moron :shaking:

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Was able to watch it on the DSL line at work, Thanks HOS it made my day. Todd sorry.....theres always a better one around the corner

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nooo, the funbags on dukguy are sweet :p :eek: , but it is also a very good video. I liked the shot of the j*$% in the background of the climb taking another route.
Where can we find more, more, more... :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts