Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw on here it was going to be in March but I can not find the post. Can anyone confirm a date?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
i am going to try to make it...if my jeep it up to it...

if not i will bum a ride, pics will follow...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hey guys
I spoke to Casey yeasterday
we are doing Mr Frieling in clayton area Saturday, Disney sunday. I think we are going up friday night staying in clayton at the sardis motel 928-569-4665 if you want to follow us out north in the morning. we are meeting north of clayton near the 2nd Yanush store there is a road side park at the corner of hwy 2 and hwy 63 about 9 -930.......

Patooyee you going to make it....

if so look for the little yellow cj 7 with lights behind the front wheels and say hello. i have enjoyed reading your posts and would like to say hi

Mike

Http://www.blacksheep4x4.com

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Man, I wish I could come, but I'm just not going to be able to make it. The exhaust shop ran my exhaust 6" below my frame, even though we told them that it couldn't be that low, so I couldn't make a skid plate. I am getting new exhaust made tomorrow, but it'll be next weekend before I can get my auto tranny and oil pan any protection. :( I guess I'll just have to wait until next year. Out of all the events in the country, the Big Meats is the one I want to / look forward to running the most. I just can't afford to rush things now. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to be my guides. I'll have to take a rain-check. I am going to wheel, but am just going to have to stick to places like Gardendale, Tellico, and other southeast attractions.

J. J.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
what a bummer....
I bought my 44's just in time for the big meats go west tour to farmington.last fall since the went west last fall maybe they will come east this fall........
i am off to italy sometime in the fall hopefully it wont be at the same time......

good luck....send us pics.......

Mike

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'm going!! and excited. never been to the event. I am not bringing any of my junk, but I am bringing plenty on tires some rims. So if anyone wants to try some 53"s or 48"s for the fun of it, let me know. I will only have rockwell patern rims with me.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Phil Beauchamp got a set from me that I am bringing down on wednesday that he is going to let Casey try out, If I recal corectly.
I am willing to let anyone try the ones I am bringing. "I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BROKEN PARTS!!" LOL
John

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well this will be the first time I wont be able to be there so someone PLEASE get some pics of him with the 53s on it. Dose anyone know if the mags are covering the event again this year??

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Chris-
Peterson's is supposed to be there- I'll get some pics for you.

Hmmm- I'll have to find a safe place to keep the camera
Ken

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Since I have never ben to this event before can someone tell me how it takes place. As in does everyone stay in hotels or is it a camping thing? is it a trail event? or does everyone pile around each obstical and watch one rig at a time? or what else?
John

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
All of the above...

Many camp at Russ Hogans off-road park which allows you access to most trails/obstacles without pavement.

It's not exactly a 4 star cmpground but not bad either- has a covered pavillion with tools/welders/torches at your disposal.

The event took place in the rocks mostly last yr as the group runs trails the day before in the Clayton area.

If you want to Hotel it look up Ketchum, Disney, Grove etc. I'll be getting in at Hogan's Saturday Pm with my volvo buggy- look me up. Those of us with the smaller tires politely give the 44" tire guys there run, we spectate and are welcome to tag along in the back of the pack and run obstacles as well. Many of the areas can have multiple vehicles running different lines simultaneously.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts