Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a boat trip from Norfolk Va. to Longview Wa., Via the Panama Canal.
Fun, hot ,lots of fish:D :D :D

As usual, I kept an eye peeled for Landcruisers.......
Two weeks in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and did not see one....
Does everyone put them to sleep for the winter?????
We got to spend a few days in Colon,Panama waiting for our turn through the Canal,
I only saw two cruisers the whole time.
one totally beat and well used 60 series
All set up for "expediciones en el campo"
Cool:p :p
And one late 90's 90 series.
I was hoping to bring a FJ-45 or three home on the back deck of the tug.
I know this isn't tech but I thought I'd share.
Bill

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Kaiser Bill said:
Just got back from a boat trip from Norfolk Va. to Longview Wa., Via the Panama Canal.
Fun, hot ,lots of fish:D :D :D

As usual, I kept an eye peeled for Landcruisers.......
Two weeks in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and did not see one....
Does everyone put them to sleep for the winter?????
We got to spend a few days in Colon,Panama waiting for our turn through the Canal,
I only saw two cruisers the whole time.
one totally beat and well used 60 series
All set up for "expediciones en el campo"
Cool:p :p
And one late 90's 90 series.
I was hoping to bring a FJ-45 or three home on the back deck of the tug.
I know this isn't tech but I thought I'd share.
Bill
They heard you were coming and hid em all ;)

I think alot of easterns are afraid to drive them in the winter for fear of rust from the salted roads.....it might rain alot in WA State but our shit don't rust(much)

John H

Glad to see ya again......:D

·
Registered
726 Posts
I live in the Newport-News/Norfolk area. I hardly ever see anything other than the new cruisers around here. There are a scant few 40's here, and a few more 60's` add to that the random 80. I have given up on seeing a 45 or 55 here. I drive a 40 and tend to stick to the back roads. Sorry to hear you didn't have good luck spotting anything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a good time lookin for them;)
That salt or whatever it is on the roads IS some nasty stuff.
I did'nt realize how bad it could be.
Hey Mac Daddy Land Pimp,
I missed you at the Swap meet yesterday.
I was scrambling around trying to find some Cruiser parts to buy before YOU bought them all up:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wish I knew you were here

I live in Norfolk now and I have two 60 series wagons. One is a project and I recently bought one that is in great condition. New interior, 5speed, OME suspension lift etc. Bullbar 16,000 lb winch.
The old one is a little rough on the outside, but is pretty mean for a straight six. The old one is prmer black (I like it even though the girlfriend keeps asking when I am going to paint it...I always tell her lipstick and rouge that's all paint is) It also has a bullbar, snorkle, 35's etc. I definatley don't pack em in for the winter, I just switch up every week now on which one I drive. Oh yea about the salt and rusting we do have a humid and salty climate in summer along with the salted roads in winter, but as long as you keep it clean and have undercoating it is fine. I had another 4wheel drive that I had since 92 and I drove it on the beaches down in Hatteras and it never had any rust on it, undercarriage or body. It still looked brand new aside from scrathes. I bought that truck used in 92 for 7,800.00 and sold it last year for 6,000.00 Hell a undercoating once a year and 2.00 at the carwash every two or three weeks is worth the results.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Kaiser Bill said:
I had a good time lookin for them;)
That salt or whatever it is on the roads IS some nasty stuff.
I did'nt realize how bad it could be.
Hey Mac Daddy Land Pimp,
I missed you at the Swap meet yesterday.
I was scrambling around trying to find some Cruiser parts to buy before YOU bought them all up:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Every time I asked Scott...he said you were in the shitter ;)

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Cruisers just don't last on (most of) the east coast. It's a strange anamoly. When I moved out here my jaw was dropped, I couldn't believe seeing at least 2-3 40s cruising around a day. Up in Vermont I could swear I knew of every single Cruiser driving in the whole state, and could probably count them on my hands. Speaking of the winter comment, that's the only reason why mine is still alive. Luckily the owner (a good freind) was so anal that despite not having anything to get around in, he still didn't drive it in winter...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts