Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Hals buggy being found it got me thinking. Where are all the ex comp rigs now? I know its not really tech but there are quite a few rigs which have been sold over the years and kinda vanished.

What did they look like before and how about now? What additional changes have been made? Are they still holding up? Are they still effective or competative?

Geoff

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
shannon just got pinky back at one of the last rockcrawling events. Jason Paulies old rid is in mexico along with neil Liliards old buggy. Tracy Jordans old fj-40 was bought by a guy we called pumpkin head and i heard its still about. Shaffers old Samuri was competing down south. There are alot of them still runnning around. Don robbins still has his old fj-40 rocktractor. Tracy Jordans old matrix is running around down by Phoneix.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
I've seen Shaffer's old Sammy around Chattanooga, TN a few times. That's about all I can think of...I might have even started a thread asking who's Sammy it was, if you want more info search my old posts from maybe '03-'04

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'de like to have the front clip of that terrible herbst rig that was a shark's mouth. :D:smokin: hmm that didn't sound right.

·
Premium Member
3,977 Posts
Jason Paulies old rig is in mexico along with neil Liliards QUOTE]

Here is Jason Paulies old rig still being beaten down in Mexico. This buggy has always been my favorite. The guy that owns it is bloody rich and owns several rock buggies and jeeps.-------------

This is also somebodys ex comp buggy down here and it hasn't fared as well. On this climb he broke the tube frame in half where the motor is mounted...................

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Mike Palmer's old OD green flatfender is rotting behind the Twisted Customs shop and some guy in Santa Fe has Skinny's black S10 buggy. That is all that I know of except what Garrett mentioned above.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
My old buggy was bought by a guy in Washington and he is just trail riding it. Rob Steffey's moon buggy was bought by a guy in Indiana that doesn't even rockcrawl! He just wheels it in the woods and climbs dirt hills. He also told me he was taking the 40's off and putting 35's on it. Rusty Bray's old 2-seater is in Australia now. I still have the Jeep I started competing in. Just drove it about an hour ago. :D

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Walker's old S10 that we bought is now owned by Becca's dad. He had Dallas go through it, clean it up, cut out the doors, and make it easier to get into for some trailride fun. He is saving it to eventually put in the Off Road Hall of Fame. We made sure to hang onto some of Walker's original panels for that occasion.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I don't get on here often enough.... Hal's rig was found?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
LOL, I went and searched for it as soon as I posted. That's friggen awesome.

I can't wait to see where it all goes!

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
I believe the guy that posted above me has an ex-comp rig in Russia.
2 are in Russia...but both are competing. The original Red Bull Jeep won the 07 Unlimited Class over there, and for 08, that driver will be campaigning the RockIt II. Considering he won Unlimited with that CJ, I can only imagine how he'll dominate in the RockIt II...

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
1 - 20 of 104 Posts