Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Damn that thing is going to be tiny! Any specs?
6.0L / Th350 / one off 241 reduction box/ Dana 300
Extreme shaved steering HP60's f&R (78-79 inner axles, 4.10's & welded diffs for now)
2.5 SAW air shocks
3 links F&R w/ 3/4 x 3/4 hiems
39" krawlers

It is tiny!!! Chassis is only 37" wide inside.

The chassis has been rebuilt with a mix of 1.5" x .120 , 1.50" x .062 and 1.25" x .09 and 1" x .090. I'd like to have a final weight of 3,000LBS but with my budget some of the light weight parts I'd like to use might be out of the question (Spidertrax hats & rotors, willwood calipers, Aluminum wheel hubs, Aluminum links)

I'll do a build thread one of these days but its a SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW project so I'm not going to till I'm a lot farther along.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I've got Lee Camp's old WeRock chassis, picked it up about a year and a half ago.

How I got it.

How it sits now living a sleepy life in MN. No too much different.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
You probably all recognize this old rig that is now collecting dust in my shop. Not mine, building for a friend. Hoping to have it together soon, waiting on parts to arrive. Currently sits on full width Ford Dana 60 and Corporate 14bolt, awaiting 42"s
Untitled

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
A good friend of ours has the Sunray Engineering 4wheel steer buggy. This pic was taken at the 2012 KOH, rig resides in northern Colorado.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
A good friend of ours has the Sunray Engineering 4wheel steer buggy. This pic was taken at the 2012 KOH, rig resides in northern Colorado.

Still my favorite rig of all time. it was so far ahead of its time when it came out!! RIP Jim.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
^ All time favorite right there! Unsure it was ever a comp rig tho :flipoff2:
It was built to compete in WE ROCK. that I know if it only competed in WE ROCK at Katemcy rocks and one somewhere up north with a BIG drop!

After that is was a trail rig.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It was built to compete in WE ROCK. that I know if it only competed in WE ROCK at Katemcy rocks and one somewhere up north with a BIG drop!

After that is was a trail rig.
Yeah Jim took a big front flop on to the lid in Columbus and decided he'd had enough, his back was pretty messed up from it.

I get to see it from time to time, it still means alot to me.

LG

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I bought Job Johnson's old Promod car. My son has been doing most of the driving. Loving it so far! Hoping to get it to a WEROCK event next season.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
If anyone knows where my old buggy is let me know ....the last time I saw it Goforth had painted it red and sold it to some one in Texas

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have what I think is a old Campbell buggy. It has a Terry Dagen decal on it and a calrocs decal. Gotta be older and Campbell cause it's set up for leafs in the front and has double frame rails. Rebuilding it into a trail rig.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have an XRRA comp buggy living in my garage.
I've never really done anything with it other than work on it. This was one of those instances where "race ready" really meant...runs long enough for a test drive. But, she's getting closer to all new all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Walker's old S10 that we bought is now owned by Becca's dad. He had Dallas go through it, clean it up, cut out the doors, and make it easier to get into for some trailride fun. He is saving it to eventually put in the Off Road Hall of Fame. We made sure to hang onto some of Walker's original panels for that occasion.
I love that s10. That is awesome that he is keeping it some what original

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
I love that s10. That is awesome that he is keeping it some what original
Welll.......that all changed, and not in a small way.

Not so long ago he was doing maintanance on a trail and was parked on a hill that was about 400 ft tall. It was overheating a bit so he waited for it to cool. He was sitting on the tire and talking to me on the phone and I told him how to bleed the coolant as he had forgotten the process for the rear radiator. As he jumped off the tire, it rolled away...

There wasn't much left as it was absolutely hauling ass down the hill when it left the edge of a large dropoff.

Dallas salvaged the drivetrain but not much else was left. Dallas built him a new crawler that was appropriately named "Neutral Drop" because with the vortec v6, sometimes you need to neutral drop big bump climbs with no run-up...and also because the original RockIt had "dropped" off a cliff in neutral.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Dallas built him a new crawler that was appropriately named "Neutral Drop" because with the vortec v6, sometimes you need to neutral drop big bump climbs with no run-up...
In 76 a friend and I built a Flatty with a Turbo Buick V6 and T350. He neutral dropped it so many times on dune hills and drag racing I lost count, and cringed every time. We own that Jeep now and it's never had the tranny out. Unbelievable.

Good stories....

81 - 100 of 104 Posts