Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Welll.......that all changed, and not in a small way.

Not so long ago he was doing maintanance on a trail and was parked on a hill that was about 400 ft tall. It was overheating a bit so he waited for it to cool. He was sitting on the tire and talking to me on the phone and I told him how to bleed the coolant as he had forgotten the process for the rear radiator. As he jumped off the tire, it rolled away...

There wasn't much left as it was absolutely hauling ass down the hill when it left the edge of a large dropoff.

Dallas salvaged the drivetrain but not much else was left. Dallas built him a new crawler that was appropriately named "Neutral Drop" because with the vortec v6, sometimes you need to neutral drop big bump climbs with no run-up...and also because the original RockIt had "dropped" off a cliff in neutral.

Shit no way. I may be mistaken but I think I ran into him in Turkey Claw During KOH week or maybe NewYears this past year driving said buggy. Nice guy..... Sucks to hear about the buggy, glad no one got hurt.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Shit no way. I may be mistaken but I think I ran into him in Turkey Claw During KOH week or maybe NewYears this past year driving said buggy. Nice guy..... Sucks to hear about the buggy, glad no one got hurt.
Odds are great you met him. He wheels at least 150 days per year and spends a lot of that time in JV. His name is Ed and he truly is a nice guy. Will give the shirt off his back kinda nice. And yes, he was super bummed about losing the RockIt but LOVES the new buggy so much that he's kinda glad it happened. :laughing:

101 - 104 of 104 Posts