Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where can I find 3.25" backspaced wheels-added info

Trying to find a replacement wheel to match what I currently have on the rig, which is a 15x10 3.25" backspace - 8 spoke wagon wheel. Based on what I found by searching, I've tried 4WPW and Summit, who both tell me they're only available in 3.75 or 4. :( Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
You could try one of the custom wheel places, they'll build most any backspacing you want. I used to run a set of Stockton wheels I had built, they worked fine for me. I've heard some folks have had trouble with Stockton. Also, US Wheel is another place to try. Rockstomper used to carry US Wheels and would do custom backspacing, although it doesn't look like they carry wheels anymore. Rocky Road Ouftitters does offer the US Wheels:

http://www.rocky-road.com/wheels.html

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info 4Crawlr.

I talked to US Wheel who said it was no problem and referred me to Summit and said to tell them that I wanted a custom 70 series. When I called Summit back, I got someone more on the ball, who was able to place the order.

Summit was about $10 cheaper than Rocky Road.

Bob

·
Registered
592 Posts
Bob Garrett said:
Thanks for the info 4Crawlr.

I talked to US Wheel who said it was no problem and referred me to Summit and said to tell them that I wanted a custom 70 series. When I called Summit back, I got someone more on the ball, who was able to place the order.

Summit was about $10 cheaper than Rocky Road.

Bob
Did you get a part# from US Wheel to give to summit? I try'ed to order wheels from summit a month ago 15x8 2.5 BS they said no way! I want 8" wheels because I'm going to weld some bead lock on them, I'm told then they will be 10" wide.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
There's a particular guy at Summit who's totally on the ball in regards to US Wheel and custom backspacing. I ordered directly from him. If you search the general board, you'll hit a pretty good thread with all his info, direct extension, etc.
dion

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the name of the guy who placed the order was Brodi. When I get the wheel, I'll post any info that comes with it.

BTW, they told me it would take 3 weeks to get it.

Bob

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3.25 Backspaced wheel update

Bob Garrett said:
I think the name of the guy who placed the order was Brodi. When I get the wheel, I'll post any info that comes with it.

BTW, they told me it would take 3 weeks to get it.

Bob
The wheel came via UPS today. Just over 1 week from the order date. Here is the information from the packing list.

Mfr: US Wheel
Stock #: 78-5060
Description: 15x10 RAW_SPK 6x5.5 BS325 3 1/4" Backside setting - Valve stem tucked in toward center of rim

This is a reversed wheel. They said that was the only way they could do it with the 3.25" bs, although my other 4 are not reversed. Don't know who the manufacturer was tho..

·
Registered
558 Posts
when you or the shop goes to put the tire on the reversed rim have them flip the rim over and put the tire on from the back side. Will make there life much much easier.

Stew

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shop that does my work has a bunch of experienced guys. I suspect they would catch it without me mentioning it, but I will remind them anyway. Thanks, Stew.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts