·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE IN PA CAN I FIND SOME PORTAL AXLES FOR MY CRUISER THANKS FOR ANY HELP

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If I recall correctly there was a guy in the vender show case that could get them at a fairly decent price check it out, It may not be worth it to you though after shipping charges but it worth a shot to check it out.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
everybody says they have them coming but non ever seem to arrive on our shores.

the very few that do seem to get here are becoming every more spendy.

search
call
pay
wait
hope

good luck

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was on a website. Jeepforum.com. Some guy had some portal axles for sell. I'm pretty sure they were volvos. They were in the for sale section.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Whe don't you run MOG 404's instead? They are much stronger, easier to find and you can get parts. Goos luck

·
Registered
531 Posts
I talked with ORGS today. 6000.00 per pair. 6-1, or 7-1 final drive available. 1000.00 per axle for the disk brake upgrade!

That's 8000.00 for the pair!

Now your talking new wheels and tires too!

16, 16.5, or 17" rims will work!

Your into it 10,000.00 before you're done!

TURBO (diesel) bummer!

TB

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I might just have to go dana 60 instead alot cheaper and eazy to find thanks for all the info guys

·
Registered
614 Posts
Check out these guys in Sweden:

http://www.algonet.se/~fjaras/tgb11/eng/index.html

14,000 SEK ~ $1600 US before shipping. Even if shipping were $500, $2100 total wouldn't be too bad. I'm thinking of going through those guys as soon as the funds come available. I’m thinking $2100 is a less than the cost of someone doing a SOA for my FJ60.

Sean

·
Registered
39 Posts
There were no front axles left in the Fjärås Bildemontering when I last asked. :( And using rear axles only would lead to a "not so well turning" rig. :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
You're getting ripped-off if you pay 6000 USD for axles with 7.1 ratio. The 7.1 ratio is cheaper in sweden and easier to get (it's almost impossible to get axles with 5.98 at the moment). The average price in Sweden for a pair of axles with the 5.98 ratio is 14000 SEK. You get at least three axles with the 7.1 ratio if you pay 14000 SEK in Sweden.

I was lucky and found a pair of axles last week for 14000 SEK.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I would take 5k for my pair of 5.98 to 1 volvos. PM me if you want them.

I really don't want to sell but I could use the cash for law school.

Ron

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Re: Re: Portals

Joel K® said:

front moved to pass side drop and even with shipping, it was less than 5K;)
What was involved with the pass-side drop conversion? I'd love a set, but the DS drop is killing me.

--D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Portals

RockRover said:

What was involved with the pass-side drop conversion? I'd love a set, but the DS drop is killing me.

--D
One new shaft (for the locker design) and a fair bit of work on the housing. We can reset the pinion/caster angles at the same time.

--Rob
www.exaxt.ca

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Rob, you rock! Nice new web site. Daren

1 - 19 of 19 Posts