Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying some radius arms to set up on my S10 , with a Chevy dana 44. What I am wondering about is where I can get some weld on mounts to fit ford radius arms . I have been looking alot on here , but not found to much as to the mounts. I know bronco grave yard has arms but just wondering where I can find the weld on Axle mounts. Thanks for any , and all help .

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
10,038 Posts
If you want a radius arm front end, do like all of the jeep guys do and build a "long arm" setup. Ford designed the radius arm to act as a swaybar, not for flex. Buy some of those ballistic fab brackets instead and some 1.5" poly bushings.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want a radius arm front end, do like all of the jeep guys do and build a "long arm" setup. Ford designed the radius arm to act as a swaybar, not for flex. Buy some of those ballistic fab brackets instead and some 1.5" poly bushings.
Can You explain the benefits? I was going to extend the arms and use a heim at the frame end. And beef them up a bit as well.

·
Premium Member
10,038 Posts
Well fwiw, I have run stock radius arms, wristed radius arms, and now lengthened/jointed/wristed/plated/bent for clearance radius arms. If I didn't have so much work into them right now I would cut them off and 3 link the front. With the jeep type arms, you can adjust caster easily, use much stronger tubing, get more flex by adding more bushing and more separation, and best of all not have to deal with radius arm bushings...

Don't take that as me being a radius arm hater though, ford was ahead of the curve when they put it into the trucks and eb's in the late 60's...and it can work just fine when extended. I just wouldn't go through all of that trouble to add them to something.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So any other options Beside's Jeff's , and Duff's?

I called Dan @ Ruffstuff , and he mentioned it being in the Wild horse's catalog but no luck on their site.

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Theres a thread in the ford section about this...

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Are you running a lift, Need drop brkts.? If so I have a set for sale, PM me and I'll give you the specs. Cage arms run about $750 and flex great, If you are using stock radius arms this is a more reasonable setup

Thanks Jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
mounts

i bought mine from Matkins Extreme, the guys that make the frames.

they are same one's the Jeff's Bronco Graveyard sells.

i paid $40.00-50.00 for the pair shipped, it's been a while. i don't remember the exact price.

HTH,
Nick

P.S.

they'll sell you shock towers, etc as well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts