Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by JeepsUnlimited that there is a build-up thread on this Jeep. Possibly called OVERKILL. Does anyone have the link?

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
If "Overkill" isnt the same chassis and axles as "3 Week Jeep", then it was definetly built by the same guy(s).
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1102&page=4

The more I look, "Overkill" had to be built by the same guy(s) at Streamline Fabworks. It has that style about it. If it wasn't, then the old saying "Imitation is the best form of flatery." is definetly in play.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If "Overkill" isnt the same chassis and axles as "3 Week Jeep", then it was definetly built by the same guy(s).
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1102&page=4

The more I look, "Overkill" had to be built by the same guy(s) at Streamline Fabworks. It has that style about it. If it wasn't, then the old saying "Imitation is the best form of flatery." is definetly in play.
I just want to find the owner of the Jeep so I can talk with him. I want to get the measurements of his front bumper because I want the exact same front bumper and I am getting 4.5" TNT flares put on this summer that I would like tied into the front bumper just like his...nice jeep you posted tho!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The TJ is in this months issue of JP magazine.
i know...that is where i got the idea to copy his bumper and tube fenders. I want to ask him for measurements on the bumper and about how he built the fenders.

·
Registered
767 Posts
i know...that is where i got the idea to copy his bumper and tube fenders. I want to ask him for measurements on the bumper and about how he built the fenders.
Why would you need measurements to duplicate the look. The fenders are made the same way every other tube fender is made, except in this case the tube follows the curve of the hood. Also don't see why you can't figure out the width of the bumper just by looking at the pics.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Why would you need measurements to duplicate the look. The fenders are made the same way every other tube fender is made, except in this case the tube follows the curve of the hood. Also don't see why you can't figure out the width of the bumper just by looking at the pics.
The answer.

I was told by JeepsUnlimited that there is a build-up thread on this Jeep.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Shrockworks makes a front bumper similar to that, IMHO it looks a lot better.
I don’t agree. I think the bumper combo above is much more aesthetically appealing and functional.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
The main tube of the bumper is 42" wide, the lower section is 36" wide, the stinger is 24" tall, and the overall width of the "wings" are 46" wide. The stinger bends are 60 degrees each and the "wing" bends are 120 degrees.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks that maybe the dude that built it or owns it doesn't want the damn thing copied? It's a free country so if you want to duplicate it then go ahead but, shit, calling the guy and asking for dimensions?...I think I would have to tell you thanks but no thanks. Just a thought...whatever

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Am I the only one that thinks that maybe the dude that built it or owns it doesn't want the damn thing copied? It's a free country so if you want to duplicate it then go ahead but, shit, calling the guy and asking for dimensions?...I think I would have to tell you thanks but no thanks. Just a thought...whatever
to be honest, if someone called me and asked for dimensions, i would be happy to give them to him because that means he really likes it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The main tube of the bumper is 42" wide, the lower section is 36" wide, the stinger is 24" tall, and the overall width of the "wings" are 46" wide. The stinger bends are 60 degrees each and the "wing" bends are 120 degrees.
Like this?

·
Registered
767 Posts
LOL, you got everything right except the bends :flipoff2: the 60 deg is at the top of the stinger on each side, the 120 deg is the bend on the outer wings.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts