Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a single throw ram for the front of my buggy. I don't know who Jason gets his rams from, but they seem to work well! I talked to Tom at LEE MFG and he suggested a 2.5" OD x 3/4" rod. It's totally rebuildable, and it's only $280! :eek:

I like Lee's product, and I thought someone here was a dealer, with better prices? BntMike, maybe?

Anyone know where to get those Jason Paule rams, specs, or price?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ram assist, but I get your point.

The smaller shaft would displace less fluid, and balance the stroke of the ram. My buddy bent the 1/2" rod in his Lee ram assist setup, but I would think the 3/4" would be alot stronger???

Tom was concerned that the large vain Saginaw, at 3.5gpm and 1450psi wouldn't be enough for a larger ram.

Tracy Jordans ram looked like it was 4" OD with 1 1/4" rod.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think he got it from Howe. Just call and ask him. He'll tell ya. Don't call before noon though, he works all night. Twisted Customs, 605-923-7288.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I got mine from Northern Tool and Equip. 2" cyl, 10" stroke, 1" rod. Works great and have rammed it into all kinds of rocks, finally bent it but it took a beating. 81.99 plus shipping!

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
We can build you one cheaper than that.
Thick wall tubing and rebuildable.
Give me a call and let me know what specs you want and i will put together a price for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts