Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was dangling back behind the air filter next to the distributor. Sammi runs, so I'm not sure where this goes. I looked around as best I could but couldn't see anything obvious.

Also, I noticed this diaphragm just below the distributor has a little tube sticking out of the bottom. Should this be connected somewhere?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm just curious, cause this thing must have been backyard hacked horribly in its past life. There are tubes all over that are cut with screws plugging them.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
that "diaphram" is really your fuel pump and that small tube is a breather/vent for it.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
So then I should run a line up from there to the air filter?
No, just leave it alone. It comes that way stock and does not need a line connected to it.

The connector you posted above is part of the egr system or an idle control system I think. That's why it runs witout it, a non critical piece in terms of the vehicle running and would probably only effect it's abiity to pass emissions. Here's a pic of it from the drivers side and then another pic that shows it bolted in the stock location behind the carb on the metal bracket as pictured below.

·
Registered
81 Posts
all useless crap unless you need to pass emissions.
best thing to do if you dont have to pass emissions is to remove every single emmisions piece you can and make sure all vaccuum lines are connected or capped
i cant remember if my 1.3 have egr but ive completly disable it on my 16valve and it runs much better

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
This was dangling back behind the air filter next to the distributor. Sammi runs, so I'm not sure where this goes. I looked around as best I could but couldn't see anything obvious.
I believe that's the Three-Way Solenoid Valve (TWSV). Computer control to vacuum for the EGR valve. It normally bolts on to the back of the carb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts