Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was posted in toyota owners and on uroc's website that on march 24th and 25th there was a uroc event at the rca dome during Sema offroad show. Know one knew anything about it there. Thanks uroc

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
It was 3 bails of hay sprayed with gunite at the SEMA offroad show, and three guys took turns driving on it. Are you still upset you missed it?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha are you serious? that was an insane comp. On urocs website it was posted as in the rca dome which i thought it might be a big event. I saw the joke of a "proving grounds."Alot smaller than last year, But whatever to get rockcrawling more exposure.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
youngguns4x4 said:
ha are you serious? that was an insane comp. On urocs website it was posted as in the rca dome which i thought it might be a big event. I saw the joke of a "proving grounds."Alot smaller than last year, But whatever to get rockcrawling more exposure.
not extreme- but fun, and more than the 3 bails of hay- good exposure for the sport IMHO and Griff did a good job relating the sport to the industries which is good for all of us.

Come down the the RROck deal this weekend if you want a localish comp.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
I "heard" it was 3 bails of hay. ;) I should have gone, but I am spending way too much time getting the buggy ready for the season.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wish but i will be working on my rig as well.

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,393 Posts
Are you guys gonna be running the W.E. ROCK East events as well? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Thump said:
Are you guys gonna be running the W.E. ROCK East events as well? Just curious.
Who? Pretty sure Jesse is and know we are. Glad to see you healing well.

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,393 Posts
Thanks, Ken. Healing nicely. Just moved up to sitting in the recliner today... actually, being able to get out of the recliner on my own is the accomplishment.
Sometimes it's hard to recall who everyone is behind their usernames.

Here's hoping things work out and I'm able to make it to some of the East Coast action.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
i believe there was going to be something else going on sort of along a rock race course, but it fell through due to a bunch of things, one the huge parking lot beside rca is all tore up and from what i get they are building a new dome:confused: the one they have seems pretty nice:confused:

anywho the course inside the sema show wasnt a comp course it was a demonstration/media outlet in which it served its purpose just fine.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YO BAd ass jeep guy i talked to u outside of hooters i believe about parents taking there kids there. Yea it def. served a purpose i agree. I just wish i could have seen a uroc event

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
badassjeepguy said:
anywho the course inside the sema show wasnt a comp course it was a demonstration/media outlet in which it served its purpose just fine.
Pic of the Indy SEMA "Proving Grounds".........:shaking:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
youngguns4x4 said:
YO BAd ass jeep guy i talked to u outside of hooters i believe about parents taking there kids there. Yea it def. served a purpose i agree. I just wish i could have seen a uroc event
Make the trip to Columbus Ohio May 5ht -7th..... I will promise major kick ass wheeling:D

Big

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
youngguns4x4 said:
yeap that was me..uroc will be in portland indiana i believe august 25th... come check it out

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
For those laughing at the course being so small/easy...don't overlook the real purpose of the course, which was to bring our sport in front of an audience that does not really know much about it. With a proper anouncer and a couple of pro teams, you can bring a ton of attention to the sport on even a course such as this. If people that already knew about the sport were let down and were looking for more entertainment, then buy a DVD from RP Films or go see a real competition...UROC did a nice job setting this up simply for promotion, not to be a death defying adrenaline event. On that part, our sport needs to be thankful of what UROC did.

As for the promoted UROCRacing event that was rumored to be taking place...unfortunatly, their communication on all levels still is in hiccup mode. When you make a press release, publicize dates, and say you're going to do something...if anything changes, you need to make an effort to notify the people of what's going on so they don't show up wondering WTF...again, a simple lack of communication.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
big rich you got a link for more info? thanks. Yes i understand that it is good exposure for the sport. I just got the idea after talking to people there that that was the "uroc" event. Which i knew wasnt true. It makes me feel better there was going to be one though. Badassjeep guy you shoulda parked on top of the cars or that h3 in the back.

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,393 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts