Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna see where everyone is at who finished their 4.3 swaps into their toys. Been reading the past threads and was wondering where people are at and what they think of their drive train combos. BTW post some pics of your junk.:D

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Just got finished yanking my 3-VZE yesterday and preparing it for the 4.3. I'll take some pics along the way but I need a star before the board can see the progress. I'm using a 96 4.3 with a 96 computer (so as to avoid VATS). Tranny will be a TH-350 and I have an T-Case adapter to use my Toyota T-Case, but the automatic Trans linked to the 3-VZE has a bulky T-Case so I might just run a NP 205 or an early model Toyota Case. I'll let you know what I decide and perhaps e-mail you some pics.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Im farther along with my swap now - err then i was 5 years ago

bought the adapters to go from the toy V6 trans to 4.3 and trans to gear drive case :)
got a set of 96 up vortec heads

sold my comp 268 cam and other 4.3 cam to my dad for his willy's jeep

gained a 87 up roller 4.3 - mmmm full roller motor anyone?

now I just need motor mounts and headers - then do the little stuff d-line and mockup

good thing i became a AA dealer :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've had everything for over about 1 1/2 years now. My truck is gutted, I'm fixing the rear frame rails now and then its time to start putting the engine in. I can't wait!!!!

'98 Vortec 4.3 with 900 miles
700R4 will all updates and factory stall convertor
AA adapter to Toy case
Fuel Injection Specialties modded harness and computer

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chad said:
I've had everything for over about 1 1/2 years now. My truck is gutted, I'm fixing the rear frame rails now and then its time to start putting the engine in. I can't wait!!!!

'98 Vortec 4.3 with 900 miles
700R4 will all updates and factory stall convertor
AA adapter to Toy case
Fuel Injection Specialties modded harness and computer
Chad, that 98 motor is the same injection as the 2001 4.3w right?
I just bought a 2002 s10 with a 4.3 so i'm figuring out the injection. BTW what harness are you runng with the engine? Who modded it?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
nowhere... :)

sold it and went to a 350.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Been done for SOME time...

Just finished a vortec swap.
Have another one showing up in the next month

·
Registered
550 Posts
i called jims and left a message , no one got back to me the then i emailed , same , no responce ,
anyway i have a 99 4.3 all the adapters the 700r4 to the 4l60e to the toy tcace then aduel tcace, so i have about 2000.00 canadian in to adapters,
the only thing holding me up is time to tear out the old and put in the new , im going to ask crash to help me out with the wiring and send my computer to who ever he uses

·
Registered
304 Posts
Been daily driving & wheelin my 4.3 swap for almost 4 years now, very happy overall with it. Used a 94 tbi, not the most powerful but very simple & easy to hook up, used a painless harness. The only thing is this is my 3rd trans though. The 1st one (g54) worked fine for over a year, then runnin down the freeway at 80 without any warning the input gear broke. The 2nd one (w56) lasted about a year, then the input bearing went to shit in a big way. I didn't want to be changing trannies every frickin year so this time I got a rebuilt r151 from marlin, had to trade him adaptor bellhousings though. He promised that these trannies are more than adequate for any 4.3 so I'm expecting this trans to last a long time!:D So If I was doing it over again I'd start out with this trans or an auto

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
johny5 said:
i called jims and left a message , no one got back to me the then i emailed , same , no responce ,
anyway i have a 99 4.3 all the adapters the 700r4 to the 4l60e to the toy tcace then aduel tcace, so i have about 2000.00 canadian in to adapters,
the only thing holding me up is time to tear out the old and put in the new , im going to ask crash to help me out with the wiring and send my computer to who ever he uses
hmm, thats odd, I have talked to jim a # of times reguarding some spacific stuff that I could not even find in any of the gm manuals at work, and things that were not comon knowledge to us techs........

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
scmb said:
Hey SAStoy, check out
www.jimsperformance.com
I got my harness moded for $165 or so and included shipping. The texas FI spec charges like $350.
Guess what, already done. Had Jim re-do my harness and mod my computer. Everything done including shipping was $230.00. Harness was super clean and simplistic when I got it back, just have to hook up about 5 wires or so. Jimmie does excellent work and I'm not quite sure about that guy saying Jim isn't relaying messages. He is really good about keeping contact with people. Try e-mailing him, he seems to respond faster that way.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SASToy said:

He said in his response that Fuel Injection Specialties (based in Texas) modded the harness and ecm. They have a website, you can check all their stuff out and maybe give them a call. www.fuelinjection.com

My bad. I was wondering what You were running.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SASToy said:
BTW, what is a tampoon? Your quote says something about tampoons? Might want to revise your grammar

All right now your starting to piss me off. So STFU. BTW a Tampoon is what is used to shut your mouth so your finger cant do the talking, SO " step away from the Keyboard ":flipoff2:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, I don't like spending money on my truck - its 20 years old, so low budget is my goal. I don't mind spending all the time, but as for $$, I'd like to see what I can safely get away with. So I bought a beater 89 S10, the whole thing, tbi 4.3Lv6 700R4. The old TBI 4.3's are simple, reliable, and cheap. I was going to swap it into my current rig which already has a 3.8L. But I've since found another used AA xfer case adapter. So I'm looking to start a whole new project instead of pulling wrenches again on the old dog. Need something that will hold 2 adults and a kid... 4rubber maybe?

the old dog: http://81tsb.tripod.com/

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Rwhat said:

All right now your starting to piss me off. So STFU. BTW a Tampoon is what is used to shut your mouth so your finger cant do the talking, SO " step away from the Keyboard ":flipoff2:

Sheesh! Didn't know a question could offend you so much. However I find it odd that you would insult someone trying to offer you assistance. Oh well, I guess the ball rolls different ways for different people.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm doing the 4.3 in my samuria tight now. Once done there A 4.3 needs to go in my buds 88 fourrunner. I've already seen one responce in refernce to this but I want more input.
Will the Toyota trans hold up reasonably with time? Or might we be beter swaping trannys too? 700R4? Or are there any stronger toy tranneys that will bolt to this tranfer case?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Cmbrsum said:
I'm doing the 4.3 in my samuria tight now. Once done there A 4.3 needs to go in my buds 88 fourrunner. I've already seen one responce in refernce to this but I want more input.
Will the Toyota trans hold up reasonably with time? Or might we be beter swaping trannys too? 700R4? Or are there any stronger toy trannys that will bolt to this tranfer case?

the 700R4 is stronger then the toy tranny by far, if ya wanna keep a toy trans use a R series transmission

1 - 20 of 51 Posts