Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you might be bored with this post. But as I watched on TV last night. I could not believe a journalist who was sticking around to watch the bombs drop. And it got me to thinking about Tom Pennington and where he might be. Anyone know? Hopefully, he is out of harm's way.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Bumping it for the Dallas guys to spot....

Last post from tom was over a month ago

Thinking the same thing... hope that kid keeps his head down and stay safe.

Anyone else think it is strange to see live coverage from Baghdad?

Anyone remember watching the reporters during desert storm -- who had a little too much to drink -- with their "here comes another scud... :eek: ".

Strange flashback last night... I could remember watching the TV as a kid as Walter Cronkite read off the number of casualties. Strange feeling. :(

Tom :usa:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw Butch's post. That was yesterday. I was more concerned about the post start of the war safety.

Those reporters are nuts. I would think they would be taken hostage or something. I've done some crazy stuff but that wouldn't be my idea of a good time. Sitting around waiting for bombs to drop out of the sky or chemicals to be released. YIKES!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
We at LSLC heard from Tom via email Monday, and Kristie talked to him on satellite phone Sunday. He is in Northern Iraq, hanging out with resistance fighters.
Tom is an adrenilan junkie, and one heck of a sharp cookie, and his employer gives him everything he needs to survive $$$$$$ and lots of it.
Keep checking in on the link I posted, as this is one way to keep tabs on him, as long as new pix keep on showing all is good.
I can't imagine anyone on this LC board getting miffed with us showing an interest and caring for one of our own, you been hanging out on some other board????
Butch

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I read the LCML this morning and things weren't all cheery this morning. An debate was beginning. Gary axed it.

All I can say is that I'm not happy about being in a war even if necessary (I guess most people don't like wars), I'm supportive of the troops (how could I not? I live in an Air Force town) and the people making decisions in our country, and I have great concern for all of the people involved.

The journalists in Iraq probablly had more of an impression on me than anything else last night. With Tom being over there it makes everything closer to home. Even my Air Force friends are pretty far removed. Back at the base away from the action or high in the skies above the action.

I'll keep checking for new photos.

This note forwarded to me by a friend sort of touched me this morning:

Dear Family, Friends, and Brothers!
I am about to join in on a very important endeavor, the Liberation of Iraq. This quest has been coined as the "Countdown to Creation"; and for good reason. The brutality that Saddam and his strong-arms have subjected on the citizens if Iraq (and others) has ran its' unnatural course; and it is now time to create a new freedom, government, and peaceful way of life for the citizens of this historic, honorable, yet brutally subjugated nation. It's not about oil, it's about basic human freedoms/rights, and one mans' ability to bring death, terror, and destruction to those not conforming to his Modus Operandi. He has the ability to bring pain and death to the shores of the U.S.A. and other nations, and given the opportunity, he would love to bring us to our knees. Diplomacy has failed, by and large to the actions/inactions of the Iraqi Government and the U.N., and now it is now time for the United States execute this action using military force. Even though I cannot see into the future, I foresee a bright future for the Nation and Citizens of Iraq at the conclusion of this operation. In certain Biblical times, the city of Babylon was considered the hub of all civilization, and the city of peace for all nations to emulate. The "great city which reigneth over the kings of the earth". As we have trained for this task we have focused on not the destruction of a nation, but the building of one. Pliny the Elder once said, "It is Godlike for Mortal to assist Mortal, and this is the way to Immortality". Being a member of the Armed Services is a very honorable profession, and the world will soon see the end product of our actions as a philanthropic endeavor to the citizens of Iraq. In closing, I Pray peace, freedom, and all things good to you, your families, and to our great Nation. Fighting for the greater good, we will achieve... Victory, Glory, Success. To all of which -

I shall always remain
Your affectionate servant,
Rick

Richard E. Parks
Security Driver/PSD
CFLCC C-2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts