Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 518 in my 96 ram needs to be re-built. I want it all done performance wise, set up for towing, and daily driving, and so that next time around it lasts longer than 60,000 miles. I orignally was gonna get a jet performance tranny, but I can't find a jet installer in the bay area. Now I am thinking about BTS transmitions, but I was told they wern't the best. I was also thinking about Bills Automatic transmissions in Morgan Hill. I want this tranny built REALLY WELL, and I also realized I am gonna add a tranny cooler because the cooler in the radiator isn't going to cut it. So where should i take my truck?? I need my truck back, as driving the volvo doesen't work out too well when I need something with a bed. thanks. Garrett

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: PW ]

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Drop a line to Joe White at Ad-Tech Transmissions in San Jose, 998-5523. He built a great t-350 for my hot rod. I bet he is familiar with the OD autos too.

A buddy also recomended Dan's transmissions. 298-4292. I have no personal experience with them.

Bottom line, call around and talk to a lot of people. Pick the one that seems most confident, and will stand behind their work. As with all trans shops, lie about your hp goals by at least +100 hp and towing weight so they overbuild for you. Good Luck,

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
a friend of mine
Shucks Tranny in Dublin
he has done tons of work for all my family and friends, very nice work
might give ya a discount if you say Mark Harris sent ya

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
My friend had his 94 Dodge trans fixed at Shucks in Dublin. I know it is within your tow distance because his broke in Hollister and was flatbedded there. LOL. They might have learned a bit on his because they had to pull it a couple of times for a torque convertor issue, but they stood behind there work 100%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts