Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LQ9 going into a buggy. Originally came in an SUV with hydroboost I believe, because the vacuum port on the back of the intake which would have originally been for a vacuum brake booster is solid plastic with no cap or no original hole. This buggy is keeping the vacuum brake booster as it already has a dual diaphragm unit installed. Don't really want to add hydroboost...already has full hydro steering.

Can one drill this hole out on the back of the stock intake manifold to slip a vacuum hose over it for the brake booster?... or is there a better spot I could add a vacuum line and "T" into something? I'm not sure how large a brake booster hose has to be but from the factory they're rather large.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It's a plug that has a plastic sleeve that can be pushed in by a screw driver then ull be able to pull the plug and it pops out. Then run down to your local gm dealer and you can pickup the oem nipple for the intake cheap :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a plug that has a plastic sleeve that can be pushed in by a screw driver then ull be able to pull the plug and it pops out. Then run down to your local gm dealer and you can pickup the oem nipple for the intake cheap :)
Well no shit, I'll have to look. Didn't think it was that easy.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12559760 is the part number I used on my 6.2 intake. Not sure if it crosses over so double check it works for your application.
This worked great by the way, for anyone else who might have purchased an engine from a hydroboost truck and wanted to run vacuum brakes off the engine.

With two flat head screwdrivers, gently start prying/pulling out the black block off nipple a few milimeters. As it starts to slide out, the red collar will move at the same time. Use your other screwdriver to pull back on the red collar while applying more pressure to the block off nipple and it will come right out. Should not need much force/swearing.

For those of you who bought a vacuum truck and are switching to hydrboost, I have the block off nipple if you need it. Just PM me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts