Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew up my motor at carnage and need another long block right away. Calling around in sac ct engineering will sell a rebuilt long block for 1500 but that seems a little steep. Attarco has the japanese pull outsthat they will sell for $900. I keep watching on the for sale board but they seem to go fast. One guy has one but it is dissassembled and he wants 400 for it. Im not really comfortable with that option. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
726 Posts
$350.00

and I will sell you a 22R short block 160 to 170 compression

*just put your 22R head on and go .

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm afraid my head is messed up too. It sucked something in the intake when I was building the buggy. PM me your number and when I get the head off if it is still good I will call you. Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
kragen auto parts

they have to order it though you can buy a re-built 1 or a new1

not sure the cost of it

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Dustin said:
I blew up my motor at carnage and need another long block right away. Calling around in sac ct engineering will sell a rebuilt long block for 1500 but that seems a little steep. Attarco has the japanese pull outsthat they will sell for $900. I keep watching on the for sale board but they seem to go fast. One guy has one but it is dissassembled and he wants 400 for it. Im not really comfortable with that option. Any other suggestions?
can't you get one from your pirate brotherin troy? or Lane may have a complete truck. p.m. me if you need lanes #

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dustin said:
I blew up my motor at carnage and need another long block right away. "SNIP" Any other suggestions?
I got my long block from Engbldr, I spent a little more, but I went for the big bore block and his new RV spec'd head, RV cam, springs etc.... Very nicely built, and for a 2.5 it runs like stink... I really enjoy it....
http://www.engnbldr.com/
Call Ted.... he'll fix you up....

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
Re: Re: where to buy 22r long block

Curmudgeon said:

I got my long block from Engbldr, I spent a little more, but I went for the big bore block and his new RV spec'd head, RV cam, springs etc.... Very nicely built, and for a 2.5 it runs like stink... I really enjoy it....
how much?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you're intrested, I have a '85 22R Longblock taking up room in my garage. $100 and it's yours.

It ran fine when pulled, but had 150k on it & could use a rebuild to be strong again.

Shipping thru Forward Air would probably be $40. It may not be the best option, but it's an something to think about. LMK if you're intrested.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Re: Re: where to buy 22r long block

Curmudgeon said:

i keep hearing nothing but good things about ted's work. i plan on buying a master kit and rv cam from him when i put together my 22r/20r hybrid in a few months

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Re: Re: where to buy 22r long block

mobil1syn said:

how much?
These were some of his block prices in July this year....
I have a full line of new parts in stock, and I do have one specialty
short block assembled, ready to go for $800 exchange, complete with the assembly kit, (Gaskets, oil pump & steel rail timing kit) It is our .060 oversize big bore engine, testing on this design is completed so they are ready to sell. I also have several blocks ready to assemble, and lots of crankshafts. A regular short block is $595, the assembly kit adds $150. You can go here for the current prices for the RV head...
http://www.engnbldr.com/toyotaheads.htm
I also just last week asked Ted for some more history on my block, here is what he had to say.....
I am sure you got the 2nd big bore prototype. The crank and rods were stock except for some specialty weight changes, I suspect it was reground 10/10 but I am not 100% on that, been some time. But the pistons are a liteweight .060" oversize, with Chrome Moly rings. Compression comes out using math to 9.67 to one.. That particular short block was hand fitted and lapped in, it should be a sweet piece.

·
Registered
609 Posts
whatever you do don't buy from atk or atarco. They both are horrible and not worth the money. Spend a little extra if you have to and get something decent, you won't regret it

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll have to talk to Ted. Right now I need a long block to swap in for the next month or two until I can afford to do it right. Neither troy or lane have any motors to sell right now. I'm kind of in a pinch with an important run coming up. I would buy gregs for now, but don't have the time to get it shipped here. I guess I better give 4runnwerjade a call. Let me know if you think of anything else.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Dustin said:
I'll have to talk to Ted. Right now I need a long block to swap in for the next month or two until I can afford to do it right. Neither troy or lane have any motors to sell right now. I'm kind of in a pinch with an important run coming up. I would buy gregs for now, but don't have the time to get it shipped here. I guess I better give 4runnwerjade a call. Let me know if you think of anything else.
if you take your dentures out again, ill trade you a motor for 4 of those prize wining toothless blow jobs you give????:flipoff2:

i think 5spd said he was gettin motors for $500 from TAP??

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Booger Weldz said:

I'll take my dentures out and trade you a motor and 4 of these prize wining toothless blow jobs I give if you'll just sleepwith my wife and sister again????:flipoff2:

i think 5spd said he was gettin motors for $500 from TAP??
I'll have to pm him. Shouldn't you be at work?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was racing shaeffer at carnage. I don't know why. It never lost oil pressure even after it was knocking.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Apparently "rev it till' the valves float" is just an expression and not literal advise meant for long periods of time. Who knew?

·
Registered
25,025 Posts
Dustin said:
Apparently "rev it till' the valves float" is just an expression and not literal advise meant for long periods of time. Who knew?
Bwahahahahahaaaaa!!!! Did you remember to knock the rocks to stun them and sneak around them?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Dustin said:

;) 967-9017

Call me I will I/M you too,
my phone number too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts