Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since jack is selling through distributor's now, i've called 3 and they want 200+each for the joints now!!! one place wanted 240!!!

who's got a good deal on these thing's?? i need one ASAP

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Jack raised the wholesale and retail prices on 'em, effective in the middle of December, I think. I'll second Tri County Gear. I like to give them my business whenever I can because in addition to good work and good prices, they are an all around good group of guys that support the fight to keep our sport alive!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, I supose Jack had to do something. Answering the phone and taking orders is great and all, but it doesn't get squat built in the shop.

Do you have to go through a distributor to get Deathberries now, or can you still get those direct?:D

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
I've got the d44 ones in stock.
Jack did go up on prices and all distributers have to agree to not sell under 185.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
What the fawk! He raised the price? I don't get it....I hear of more and more breaking and he thinks they are worth MORE money:confused: If the price is more than those joints better be gettin better too:rolleyes:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
desertCJ said:
What the fawk! He raised the price? I don't get it....I hear of more and more breaking and he thinks they are worth MORE money:confused: If the price is more than those joints better be gettin better too:rolleyes:
They started out better and got worse, IMO. We're no longer hearing of failures in which the joint survived, as there was originally. I don't think WARN started making thier shafts and hubs stronger.

·
Poseur SUV
23,699 Posts
desertCJ said:

:shaking:
The percentage that your loaf of bread has gone up over the last two years is more than the u-joints have gone up so why don't you run down to the bakery and tell them that they are not allowed to earn a living. :rolleyes:

I talked to Jack on the phone a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned that the prices had gone up. Doesn't really bother me because the price of everything goes up over time. Jack seems like a really nice guy and very helpful. I've been known to pay a little more for stuff from a place with good customer service and I think that Jack and CTM have great customer service.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I wouldn't mind the inflated price but come awn! First of all, CTM's were sweet when they where billet, now they are forged and I bet they are cheeper to produce. I know CTM's are still a sweet u-joint, but I wouldn't be surprised if the joints that are being sold today are not as strong as the older ones. Face it...most people won't push thier rig harder enough to break one anyways so BADABING... cut costs a little BADABOOM...raise prices a little bit=MORE PROFIT! Just a thought :rolleyes: It would be pretty hard for anyone to find out if it was the case.

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
desertCJ said:
I wouldn't mind the inflated price but come awn! First of all, CTM's were sweet when they where billet, now they are forged and I bet they are cheeper to produce. I know CTM's are still a sweet u-joint, but I wouldn't be surprised if the joints that are being sold today are not as strong as the older ones. Face it...most people won't push thier rig harder enough to break one anyways so BADABING... cut costs a little BADABOOM...raise prices a little bit=MORE PROFIT! Just a thought :rolleyes: It would be pretty hard for anyone to find out if it was the case.
You seem to have it all figured out!

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Did you see my previous post?? It was amazing to see the evolution of D44 axle failures while competing in Cal Rocs last year. Undamaged billet ujoints were being pulled from the carnage at the first couple events, byt the end of the season, the new joints were out and failures began to include axles, hubs, lockers and...........CTM's.

edit- Still a strong joint, just not as strong as the originals. Not worth $200 to me

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Ya Wilson I saw your post...I Don't think Warn axles all of a sudden got stronger. I just laugh when I think back to when I posted on this board that I heard that a guy I knew broke a CTM. Nobody believed it and I came pretty close to being branded a liar:flipoff2: Now it's not uncommon to hear about it....go figure;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts