Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in the archives and did not find what I was after so I figured I would ask here. I've got a Big Tex 70DM and I like the trailer but the fenders are cheap flimsy sheetmetal. You cannot stand on them, much less drive over them.

I know that a lot of guys have built fenders, but I don't have the time or inclination right now and I was wondering if any of you know where I can find some diamond plate or heavy steel fenders (for dual wheels) online or in the Bay Area. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Sorry I missed that part. No, you can't drive on them. Instead of cutting the fenders and welding on new, just get some 2" square tube and weld that in over the top of the fenders. Lay down expanded steel for traction.

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
FYRMAN said:
Sorry I missed that part. No, you can't drive on them. Instead of cutting the fenders and welding on new, just get some 2" square tube and weld that in over the top of the fenders. Lay down expanded steel for traction.
Or make them removeable like Featherlite's.

Bryan

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a big tex and I welded a plate under the bottom of the fender to a couple bars and on the top of the finder I had some dimond plate cut the same width as the fender and bolted it on. I drive over them all the time with no problems. Sorry I don't have any pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts