Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and didn't find anything of real importance. Where can I get them in custom lengths? How much streatching over time should I expect?

J. J.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
How about carabiners and webbing:confused:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
twistedmetal said:
Hmmm...That's weird.:confused: I just saw them a few days ago for like $10.00 ea?

Well(unless they changed, too), Avalanche had them for $16.00
They changed brands. They used to have sway-a-way straps but now have Beard. The price has increased considerably and it seems there are less length choices. I think the Beards are supposed to be a better strap, hence the cost.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was actually considering cable but then decided that it would look booty. BUt then again, my whole truck is booty.

J. J.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
ps mounting location will naturally help you to shorten or lengthen them within a few inches
as far as strecthing. i have mine twisted 3 times from when i originally mounted them a year ago so very little
Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
A friend of mine went to pick a part and got seat belts (the male end) for about a dollar each.Work fine,lots of lenghts to choose from,many colors,LOL.

·
Registered
224 Posts
how about using some seatbelts from the junkyard? if thats not strong enough sew 2 of them together, then just use the male part of the buckle for attachment points.

Hunter

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
rkcrawl said:

They changed brands. They used to have sway-a-way straps but now have Beard. The price has increased considerably and it seems there are less length choices. I think the Beards are supposed to be a better strap, hence the cost.

Thats correct. We were using SAW's but because.... they streched an average of 20 percent and never came in the exact same lengths we choose to move to a new limit strap manufacture. Also, it appeared as if the eyelets on the SAW's were made from a very shitty metal. Well needless to say, I refuse to sell CRAP so we now carry Redart straps which is the parent company of Beard. The straps we carry are a quadrouple wrapped strap style which are considered the norm in off road racing. The quad wrapped strap is used where large amounts of unsprung weight are seen (ie. rock crawling, big axles & large tires). We also carry a double wrapped strap (a little cheaper)that is not listed on our site. If you have any questions give me a call @ 805-234-1760.

You get what you pay for.

EDIT: Lets keep the booty fab to a minimum.:)

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
WCS in farmington will make anything you want

real reasonable and no junk- his stuff keeps working where many others have failed- 505 327-6772

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
twistedmetal said:
Thanks, Piglet! I was hoping you would jump on here.
No prob. twisted. I also forgot to mention that if there is not a length listed on the site that you need call me and I will be happy to order some up.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
PIG said:

No prob. twisted. I also forgot to mention that if there is not a length listed on the site that you need call me and I will be happy to order some up.
Ha! There is the piece of info I was looking for...! Thx.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts