Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everyone buy their poly bushings at? I've been searching for some for my DOM that I just bought and I can't find them anywhere on the internet. My DOM is 1.5" outside, 3/8" Wall.

Here's what I need:

1.5" Outside Diameter Bushing
3/4" inside measurement

·
Registered
12,757 Posts

·
Registered
12,757 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I done did walk into that one didn't I....:shaking:

Now I need to clarify what I originally said.

I need the poly bushing to slide into a 3/4" hole of the DOM......Not a 3/4" bolt hole thru the poly.

I need one like #2107 only 3/4"..........

I'm making a ladder bar for my truck so I quit exploding u-joints when I get on the go peddle, got any pics of your setup Pro?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
how small do you want this bolt?
I dont think there is room for poly in your design, redesign it

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how small do you want this bolt?
I dont think there is room for poly in your design, redesign it

I'm going to put some 2" outside DOM for my ends on my ladder bars that have 1.25" centers on them, I already have the poly bushings then for the axle end covered. I will just need to order some more poly's for the pivot end now, or go with a heim on that end....

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Yea, I'm with mj, that would make for a tiny ass bushing. I've got pics of my bars but I don't think they have closeups of the ends. I just used two heims per side at the axle end, and a 3/4 bolt through tube at the front end. I didn't even bother with bushings. Probably not as quiet as if I'd used a bushing but I just greased the hell out of it and its not like I can hear squeaks over the motor anyways.

Edit: Let me rustle up my camera and I'll try to get some close up pics if that will help.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Running like a raped ape. I'm going to get the tub line-x'ed this summer, built a roll bar for it last summer. Not much left to do other than to rip out that old three speed and drop in the C4 I have for it.

Well, are the pics you asked for, basic stuff, just two heims in back and the front where the two tubes connect is welded and sleeved where the bolt passes through.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pro - When I go to mount my traction bar to axle does how does a guy determine how far apart to mount the upper/lower mounts on the axle end. It looks like you are about 1" above and below the axle. Or doesn't that mean a whole lot?

My ladder bar is going to be mounted at a steeper angle than my d-shaft because of clearance issues with my new Flowmaster Super 44s I welded up last week on it......Does that make a whole lot of difference as well?

I have a SHIT TON of pinion movement up when getting on the skinny peddle. So I'm thinking the steeper I make the ladder bar, the more traction it should put down, right? The last U-joint lasted 20 miles at the pinion of the rear axle......

Also - got any updated pics of the purple panty dropper? I'm starting gathering parts for my EB build and could use some inspiration!

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Naaa, no new pics of the ppd. You know, me, I don't really take pics/vid of my junk. Hell, you wouldn't believe the digging I had to do to find the camera to snap those two pics for you :laughing:

What are you using to enable articulation? Are you using a shackle at the forend? If so, the steeper angle of the traction bar will be fine. With slipjoint setups like mine the geometry is more critical. As far as how you mount at the axle end, the spacing I have mine set at is what I prefer, but again is not a huge deal if you want to tuck them in a little more.

The ladder bar should eliminate axle rotation, regardless of its angle unless you get lost in the sauce and install the shackle horizontally to the bar.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I hear ya on not taking pics, I never remember to take any pics of my shit either. I did go thru my firearm collection and take pics and made a digital gun cabinet in case of theft or fire.

Going to have a shackle at the forend of the ladder bar. Figured that was cheapest/easiest way. I didn't think there was really any math involved with that kind of setup figured I better make sure though.

Well, off to my cousins shop to cut my DOM to length on his bandsaw.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I crawled under my rig tonite and I'm thinking it will be 36-38" long to the shackle point. I can't remember for sure what my wheelbase is but its around 115-118".

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
the shorter it is and the steeper the angle, the more it will jack the rear
True, but its not sounding like his will be steep/short enough to really suffer that much. How soft are your springs?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The springs are fairly stiff, they are skyjacker 4" lift springs for a highboy. Got home early today from trucking, if I get ambitious I may go get everything mocked up tonight and see what its going to look like for sure.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Good, because the anti-squat would have more pronounced with super soft springs. You'll probably be fine, but a pic with it mocked up wouldn't hurt just for us to eyeball.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll hopefully get some pics posted up tomorrow. I got it all tore down tonight anyway. I have it so I can wheel my rear axle out to weld the traction bar mounts on, figured I'd save myself sparks going down my neck that way.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts