Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn i've serached through alot of google search crap and found nothing.

Where have you all found secondary PS resevoirs at? I was hopeing to find a finned aluminum one for some cooling dutys.

Nate.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Most big rig trucks that have power steering have a large remote mounted resevoir that includes a filter in it.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so next stoopid question.

With this ram, is it necessary to run hydraulic oil, or can i run PS fluid, or are they the same thing???

lol

nate

edit: just ordered this cooler.. should add more than enough extra fluid for me.

Thanks again for the links OS

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Old Scout said:
Hey,

That cooler/filter setup in the pic is made by my neighbor, Fred Appleton. He runs Appleton Power Rack and Pinion. You can buy directly from him at: 815-467-1175. He's located in Minooka Illinois which is about and hour southwest of Chicago.

I'm running the same setup on my Jeep right now. Easy install, clean setup.

edit: Here's a link to his website:
http://www.appletonrackandpinion.com/Coolers .0.html

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lt1yj said:

Hey,

That cooler/filter setup in the pic is made by my neighbor, Fred Appleton. He runs Appleton Power Rack and Pinion. You can buy directly from him at: 815-467-1175. He's located in Minooka Illinois which is about and hour southwest of Chicago.

I'm running the same setup on my Jeep right now. Easy install, clean setup.
you get a neighbor discount??? ;)

I already ordered the one i linked above, but i would gladly return it in favor of that one.. its just a tad outta my budget at the moment

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I could probably get a few dollars off but not enough to make a big difference.

I traded him some labor for the one I have on my Jeep;)

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Station...

Has a nice unit, with a filter and pressure gage so you can monitor the filter maint- very affordable- is your 5.2 Jeep almost done?

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Station...

Go2Guy said:
Has a nice unit, with a filter and pressure gage so you can monitor the filter maint- very affordable- is your 5.2 Jeep almost done?
almost done, gittin down to the nitty-gritty now.

to-do list that i carry with me sayyyyyyys......:
-mount orbital
-plumb steering
-replace PS pump
-install fuel cell rollover valve
-install tranny cooler
-create exhaust
-skid plates
-gauges
-bump stops if ness.
-bolt winch back on
-finish paint
-install shift kit
-install bearings on rear spare axles.

hopefully can have this done in the next few weeks.... we're heading to AZ on the 25th of feb and i want some test time in before we go.

·
Registered
751 Posts
$150! I made my own out of some aluminum tubing and some scraps of aluminum plate for about NOTHING! Gotta love being a machinist :D Mine will hold about a quart and a half. I just need to drill and tap for the AN fittings, plumb it in, and Hydro a 60 to put under my Flatfender. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts