Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a limiting strap in the rear of my YJ. Something exactly like this pic.

But instead of a dana 44 is till got the D35 for now. Need to be about that long too. The write-up where i found that pic says they are by Metal Made Rite(they made the revolver shackles.) Their website no longer works, and I cant find what i need on the web. I tried searching the vendor's showcase and the 4x4talk, and lots of threads about the straps, but i didnt see a vendor.

Anyone know a place to get them? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i think its on the short end, 10" maybe(will measure this weekend before i order.). The strap in the pic, has a bracket that uses the top 3 bolts on the diff, and existing bolts on the crossmember. Anyone know of that particular strap?

If not, how many bolts on the diff should be used to mount the strap, or some other type of mounting way i should look into? I can drill the crossmember so thats not a problem, wondering about the diff?

·
Registered
481 Posts
poly performance has them...dave (PIG) is a pretty cool guy to deal with.

happy trails
rich *ruger* :usa:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i found some straps from Crow and Beard. Are there any with different mounting tabs on them? Or just the one hole tabs?

And any tips for mounting it to the diff? Could i put it through the top bolt on the diff cover or what? Im knew to limiting straps. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
YJ_WOLF95 said:
Yeah i found some straps from Crow and Beard. Are there any with different mounting tabs on them? Or just the one hole tabs?

And any tips for mounting it to the diff? Could i put it through the top bolt on the diff cover or what? Im knew to limiting straps. Thanks for all your help.
no that one bolt would shear easily.

try a bracket like this...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts