Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my 2000 TRD Tacoma and I am thinking of keeping the electric locking rear end to put in my 94 toy. Any idea where I could find a cheap open rear end to throw under the Tacoma?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Originally posted by HammerDown:
<STRONG>I am selling my 2000 TRD Tacoma and I am thinking of keeping the electric locking rear end to put in my 94 toy. Any idea where I could find a cheap open rear end to throw under the Tacoma?</STRONG>

I got one that i am trying to sell... it needs axle bearings. but if you want it i'll sell it to you for $300 it has 3.91 gears. it is complete except the parking brake cable and brakelines.

E-mail me if interested

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need 4.10 gearing. Also would prefer it was in good shape and under $300 <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0">

I have a bunch of pre-tacoma toyota parts I could trade, I also have sets of tires (33's, 32's) and various aftermarket alloy wheel sets.

Thanks!

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: HammerDown ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,895 Posts
I have a 4.10 third member I have been keeping for a spare, but I would sell it for $150. It is in great condition, and has only 30,000 miles at most.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunatly the locker rear ends have a different third member.

I just had a though. Would a standard 8" drop out bolt up to my axle? Then could I just bolt the locking diff into an older 8" housing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,624 Posts
Originally posted by HammerDown:
<STRONG>Unfortunatly the locker rear ends have a different third member.

I just had a though. Would a standard 8" drop out bolt up to my axle? Then could I just bolt the locking diff into an older 8" housing?</STRONG>
As far as I know the trd rear end is a Modified version of the standard 8" and to fit it would require some modifacation of some kind to the housing I think but I do not know for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,385 Posts
Originally posted by HammerDown:
<STRONG>Unfortunatly the locker rear ends have a different third member.

I just had a though. Would a standard 8" drop out bolt up to my axle? Then could I just bolt the locking diff into an older 8" housing?</STRONG>
If you removed the 2 long studs, you could bolt up the earlier 8" 3rd, but you'd be short some studs... you'd kinda have to do the reverse of the electric locker mod and then you'd still probably be short one stud.
There would be limited sealing surface too...
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top