Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to a week long family reunion on the wifes side. Dates are 7-7 through 7-19. I'm thinking a week long stint with the in laws will more or less make me go ape shit. Is there anything close enough to Rogers, Arkansas to make a day trip? Rogers, AR is in the Bentonville area.

Anyone up for a tour guide while we are there??

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's not too far from Disney.

I've also heard of Byrd's Adventure Center around 100 miles from Bentonville. One of my clients from AR was touting it pretty heavily, but he was kind of a goober so I have no idea what to expect.

http://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/motoring.htm
http://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/contact.htm

It's not wheelin, but float trips in that area are usually a good time. Although my cousin just got back from a trip to SW MO and they weren't allowed to do the full trip because of all the rain so you may run into the same there. Sounds odd to me, but that's just what he told me.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
WhiteRock national forest, Byrd's adventure center, Hot Springs, Disney, Prarie Grove, devils den... lots of legal places to wheel. (used to be a lot more)

rockcrawlers4x4.com (when the board is working) is a great place to find out about NW AR crawling.

My rig is down at the moment, but several of the guys in the club are getting out there every other weekend or more.

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
WhiteRock national forest, Byrd's adventure center, Hot Springs, Disney, Prarie Grove, devils den... lots of legal places to wheel. (used to be a lot more)

rockcrawlers4x4.com (when the board is working) is a great place to find out about NW AR crawling.

My rig is down at the moment, but several of the guys in the club are getting out there every other weekend or more.
Ditto

National Forest area that borders Devils Den isn't far off of I-540 maybe 30 or 40 miles south of Rogers. But Byrd's has better trails and Obstacles.

- Lee

·
Registered
19,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not too far from Disney.

I've also heard of Byrd's Adventure Center around 100 miles from Bentonville. One of my clients from AR was touting it pretty heavily, but he was kind of a goober so I have no idea what to expect.

http://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/motoring.htm
http://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/contact.htm

It's not wheelin, but float trips in that area are usually a good time. Although my cousin just got back from a trip to SW MO and they weren't allowed to do the full trip because of all the rain so you may run into the same there. Sounds odd to me, but that's just what he told me.

If there isn't any rocks I'd rather choose some other place. I'm going to cancel Disney off the radar since I've been there most. I'm looking for some place new. :D

Thanks for the link. I will check out that site and get some info about who is going where.

Ditto

National Forest area that borders Devils Den isn't far off of I-540 maybe 30 or 40 miles south of Rogers. But Byrd's has better trails and Obstacles.

- Lee
Got any pics of Byrds??

Thanks for all the info so far. Hot springs is ~4:15 one way. I would rather make that a 2 day trip for that much driving. Keep the suggestions coming!! :smokin:

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Poteau is about 2hrs. away from rogers it has some of the best trails in southeast oklahoma other than clayton of course. Just drive to the top of cavanal hill can't miss it there will be signs (it's the largest hill in the world) park and wheel. If interested i can give you more details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts