Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any open wheeling in the South Jersey shore/Pine Barren area? Anything worthy? Ideally, between LBI and AC,...but wherever.
Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lol. Look near Atco race track. You can use Google Maps to find the landscape, some of the trails that look flooded may or may not be depending on the rain. There are many trails, and occasionally an 'area' will open up for playing in be it mud or sand or dirt.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wharton is about as good as your gonna get. Otherwise head south or north.
Wharton seems to be in northern NJ. I'm looking for any access to good trails in the Pine Barrens between LBI and AC. Or any access off of Rt.539, 70, 72, or 206.
Also, is there any wheeling in Eastern PA, other than Rausch Creek? Maybe some interesting trails that actually have a destination and some cool shit to see along the way. It's not that Rausch Creek sucks...I'm just a little burnt out on it.
Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
well after Paragon got shut down all thats really left was Rausch up here. There is also Reading Anthrite (I think Im spelling that right) but they might be out of passes for the year. Nothing there is designated you just have to stay away from the mining machinary and stuff. Its 100 per person for the year. If you search it you should get a thread about it. Good luck.

I thought that they closed a lot of the pine barrens a while back but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you go to Atco raceway there is a trail directly across from the entrance of the raceway, just go through there. Anywhere from there back and left there are trails. Mostly straight back it will get real sandy. First there will be a shallow dirty puddle on your left, then I believe a quad trail intersection then you will see a rutted out, old dried up mud hole about 1/4> mile down the trail from the atco raceway entrance. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=Jz7&q=atco%20raceway&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wlThats where I got my F150 stuck you can still see my ruts from 2001. :D

If you follow the high tension power lines make your second left I believe and that works you into more trails, basically make that initial left then go straight for a while, then start some rights and straights for a while. Have a full tank of gas. There is one area way in the back with a crappy boat stuck in the middle of the mud, I would say not to go in there, I have done it before and nothing happened but that small area around the boat is protected and you can get fined, my buddy got stuck there and got a 100 dollar fine for going into that area.

Also an entrance if you continue north on the right like a mile or two says Shamong or something.

There are a lot of idiots back there, a lot of stock vehicles stuck on a nice sunday. Tons of people on 31's and 33's thinking they are hardcore. In my many times there years ago I have yet to see a nice rig back there. If you park, lock your shit up.

I can go with you back there in about a month when my jeep is done. I think the trails will come back to me. Nothing very challenging back there, some mud, some sand, maybe some water crossings after a week of rain. When my TJ was stock it did alot back there, I wouldn't mind going again with it on the 37's, longarms and locker :grinpimp:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you go to Atco raceway there is a trail directly across from the entrance of the raceway, just go through there. Anywhere from there back and left there are trails. Mostly straight back it will get real sandy. First there will be a shallow dirty puddle on your left, then I believe a quad trail intersection then you will see a rutted out, old dried up mud hole about 1/4> mile down the trail from the atco raceway entrance. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=Jz7&q=atco%20raceway&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wlThats where I got my F150 stuck you can still see my ruts from 2001. :D

If you follow the high tension power lines make your second left I believe and that works you into more trails, basically make that initial left then go straight for a while, then start some rights and straights for a while. Have a full tank of gas. There is one area way in the back with a crappy boat stuck in the middle of the mud, I would say not to go in there, I have done it before and nothing happened but that small area around the boat is protected and you can get fined, my buddy got stuck there and got a 100 dollar fine for going into that area.

Also an entrance if you continue north on the right like a mile or two says Shamong or something.

There are a lot of idiots back there, a lot of stock vehicles stuck on a nice sunday. Tons of people on 31's and 33's thinking they are hardcore. In my many times there years ago I have yet to see a nice rig back there. If you park, lock your shit up.

I can go with you back there in about a month when my jeep is done. I think the trails will come back to me. Nothing very challenging back there, some mud, some sand, maybe some water crossings after a week of rain. When my TJ was stock it did alot back there, I wouldn't mind going again with it on the 37's, longarms and locker :grinpimp:
Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks. I'll keep in touch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts