Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new notcher (TN-250) and am trying to find a good spot and height for it. I dont want it perm mounted to anything. And dont want it in vise cause i use it too much. Thinking bout putting it in a reciever tube under work bench. Where is yours? What height would you put drill at? Im thinking waist high for control, but will that be too low for say a bent piece of tube?

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
I have mine C clamped to my TM3 table. I unboxed it, needed right away, so that's where it went. It's worked very well there for the nearly 2 years I've had it, so I haven't thought about moving it. When running the drill, it's shoulder height.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about where mine would be if i clamped it in vise. But that puts the useless (very poor design, almost an afterthought) degree pointer totally out of sight.

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I was thinking there would be some problem with bent tube. Just gonna mount it in reciever tube under work bench with swivel. ALways can move it if have to.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Looks like a simple notcher build, just keeping the center of the tube and center of the bit at the same elevation should be the only hurdle. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts