Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wheel #5

Votes: 11 55.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I want some opinions on some wheels for my buggy. I have been searching for some beadlocks and havent really found anything except the WE beadlocks that I like. My buggy would look funny on some black steelies:flipoff2: so I am going for some bling. I cant afford the WE right now and I dont like the trailready's because everyone has them. So I want to get a set of wheels, and run them like they are for a while until I can afford to get the beadlocked by Champion. I know in the long-run it may cost as much as buying some already made, but I want some wheels to get rolling for now and get wheeling again. I know these may be too bling for some of you, but I like to get my shine on:p All wheels will be either 17x8 or 9 in 8/6.5

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You can get #2 with out the fake bead lock ring. Might be easier for champion or who ever to work with.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
If price is TRUELY a concern, goto Ebay and find some factory knock offs :) You can get them for $200-$300 before shipping.

Of the rims you show, #1 is the only one that isn't FUGLY. I got a set off ebay that are VERY similar:

They are American Racing Atlas rims... 17"x8". $210 for a set of four dropped in my truck :p

I find the attached picture to be a VERY nice alloy rim that I REALLY wanted. They are the new Dodge ram rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Road Head said:
Have you looked at the Mickey Thompson Classic II. I think they make a 17x9 which looks really nice.
This is the style of rim that trailready, OMF, ect has I dont want that look, everyone has it.

I might try to find the Dodge rims, buddy had a set of those.

Dont need a none of the above option, if you dont like any of the above then dont post:flipoff2: .

Ricky

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lil'John said:
If price is TRUELY a concern, goto Ebay and find some factory knock offs :) You can get them for $200-$300 before shipping.

I find the attached picture to be a VERY nice alloy rim that I REALLY wanted. They are the new Dodge ram rims.
Can the Dodge rims be beadlocked??

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Garza said:

Can the Dodge rims be beadlocked??
Not sure. But according to Champion:
We can convert any Aluminum wheel to a Beadlock racing wheel.
From their webpage at: http://www.championwheel.com/Champion_Catalog.htm

The only "bad" thing with the Dodge rims is the ~5.5" backspacing. They would have worked for me but that may be too much for you.

The other option is the Hummer H2 rim. I didn't care for them too much but then again, I'm into plain non-busy rims:D

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I like # 3 but I don't know if this is an option for you (weight). Design your own pattern and give it to Starwroks to build you a set of beadlocks. Got somethign no one else runs and exactly what you want.

·
Registered
140 Posts
wheels

I just had champion beadlock a set of #3 and let me tell ya they are the shit!! so pick a diff. wheel cuz those are already taken:p

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The BS is fine on the dodge rims, I have full width D60's and want to narrow things up anyway. I will be looking for some of these soon, I already found 2 places to beadlock them. See, I post a poll on my choices, and go a different route. Thanks, everyone

Yep, too heavy for the Stazworks or ?? (sp)

I dont want to be different than everyone, just the majority:flipoff2: I like the Mickey Thompsons, baja's, 589's all the same to me, but that has to be the most common truck wheel ever besides the black and white steeies:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts