Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys in need of some help.

I'm tryin to decide what to do for axles. My original plan was to run rockwells and 44" Boggers.

I'm still going 44" Boggers, but not sure if I want to run rockwells or not.

Current setup is a mild 460, NP435, NP205.

The rig is being built for trails/mud with a lil street time from time to time(yes I know I have to run wheel brakes on the rocks. I was going to).

Just wondering if I should plop in a D60/14B or do the Rocks

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
pro runs a 514/np435/np205 with a d60/ d70 with superiors, ctms blah blah blah. Seems to me from the vids I've seen that he beats his shit pretty bad. Hopefuly he'll chime in.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What size tires? I'm prolly gona run the 44" Boggers for the trails and find a set of 48" Terras for mud duty.

I've seen the 48" Terras on a set of DRW 1 tons that were built and a 800hp Big block and no breakage so I don't know.

I just want to slap the shit under the bronco(after various things are done to make sure they are worthy) and beat the fawk out of it.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
hes running 44's and 600 hp.

Go to bt4wheelers.com , click on videos and look for seth (huge black old ford)

·
Registered
733 Posts
honestly a rockwell may break a stock axle but a 60 will break everything once it gets better shafts like r&p's, and i've seen a m715 with 600rwhp and 53" michelins and 2" 47 spline shafts in the rockwells not break with the truck straight up with the pedal to the floor. This was the main reason i'm putting rockwells in my 250. Plus rockwells are cheap.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I think I'll just stick with my idea about rocks then. The thing is eventually gona get a 600+ ci big block at around 800whp and then a shot of nitrous for deep mud.

Got any more vids of his truck?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
No but he may...he's kind of a slow fawker, but I think he should find this thread.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
stick to rocks. cheaper than a 78/9 hp60, is very strong, and already has low gears. weld the spiders, and your off. you can often get a front and rear for less than a used hp60

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wish I could find another set. I had a line on a pair but can't find any more pairs.

As soon as I can get these my build starts. That is all I'm waiting on.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
stick to rocks. cheaper than a 78/9 hp60, is very strong, and already has low gears. weld the spiders, and your off. you can often get a front and rear for less than a used hp60
I just thought of that yesterday. You can get a set of rock for what, $800? A d60 front can be $1000 by itself. I would definantly go rocks if you can fit them.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
No but he may...he's kind of a slow fawker, but I think he should find this thread.
My fawking ears were burning :flipoff2:

So, given with his ultimate plan of @1000hp and 48's, the answer is neither. You'll break the shit out of dueces unless you dump a ton of money in them as well. If I were you I'd find me some U1300 mogs. Thats what I'm thinking about getting into next.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts