Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I stumbled across this site . The guy made his own bender with some Pro Tools equipment for ~$300. Not for the guy needing one soon or the non-fabricator, but the price is right and photos on his site show him getting the job done on his projects. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Way cool!

Me thinks me build one of these meself.:D

I'm a cheap fawker!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
That is a cool idea! I can't remember where but I saw a company that was selling a tubing bender very similar to this design. I think it cost around $500.
I figure with the cost of the steel and buying all the pieces parts, in the long run it would be easier to just buy a bender. But then again, this homebrew one is already hydro, Hmmmmm!:skull:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have a JD-2. It works great. Can't complain, but if I did it over again, Id go Pro-tools. It pissed me off that it didn't come painted and pretty. when you spend 600 bones, it should come painted, and the dies took 2 weeks to get. But, I have it now, its painted and all is good. Can't go wrong, but right would be pro-tools!

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
AlumCJ said:
I have a JD-2. It works great. Can't complain, but if I did it over again, Id go Pro-tools. It pissed me off that it didn't come painted and pretty. when you spend 600 bones, it should come painted, and the dies took 2 weeks to get. But, I have it now, its painted and all is good. Can't go wrong, but right would be pro-tools!
They don't paint the benders anymore? Our model 3 came painted?:confused:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Got a JD2 and a 1.75" 5.5"R 180* delivered for $504.00, and even thought they told me 3 weeks, I had it in 5 days. I love it. The only issue I have had with gouging the tube is when the follower gets dirty. I just clean and lube, and it's back to new. No Hydro, but I'm a big guy, so it's pretty easy with a 4' cheater (1x2 rectangular .120 wall). Now, if I could just get better at eyeballing angles, I'd have it made! :laughing:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts