Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer sucks and is slow. Tried searching but can't find which Dana 60 and 14 Bolt to look for. I would like to swap these into my Yota. Friends dad has a Junk/Salvage Yard and says there mine if he has what I'm looking for. What year/models should I look or get them from?

Go ahead and bash/flame me if you must! Sorry if this is a repeated topic here!

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Depends on what year your truck is--1st-3rd gen have passenger side diff drops, so you want a Chebby 1-ton. Tacomas have driver's side drops--need Ford (high pinion!) or Dodge.

You'll find a 14-bolt under a ...Chebby! May as well look for a full floater---(hubs protrude through wheel) Note that gears higher than 5.13 aren't available (much) for the 14-bolt.

You can learn a lot by lurking!!!

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
mid 80's chevy under mine. Dodge will work too. some re-tube fords, some swap to driver drop t-cases. However you want to do it.
my rear is a 35 spline 60. I went that route because 5.38 is the lowest you can get in a 14b(used to be 5.13) IIRC, I went with 5.86 gears in mine.

HTH

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
MT4Runner said:
Depends on what year your truck is--1st-3rd gen have passenger side diff drops, so you want a Chebby 1-ton. Tacomas have driver's side drops--need Ford (high pinion!) or Dodge.

You'll find a 14-bolt under a ...Chebby! May as well look for a full floater---(hubs protrude through wheel) Note that gears higher than 5.13 aren't available (much) for the 14-bolt.

You can learn a lot by lurking!!!

Dodge and chevy are passenger side pumpkins - Ford is Driver

Ford D60 will be a high pinion (reverse cut) while chevy / dodge are drop pinions. You can move the Ford pumpkin to the passenger side but this intales allot of work on retubing and some $$$ to do it right.

14 Bolt is the cheaper route Vs. the D60 converted to 35 slpine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts