Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to upgrade to electrical fans and need some advice on what most mud racers and HD wheelers are using.

In the past i did not have much luck with electrical fans so I want as many experienced opinions as possible.
thanks

eduardo

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
quick search will bring the plenty

·
Registered
266 Posts
Only Spal fans in my shop. Part #PH-01 is a 16" puller that will cool 450 h.p. in a CJ w/ an aluminum radiator

·
Registered
188 Posts
Taurus fan is the best bang for the buck. You can find them all day for $20-$50. They are 2 speed and well over 4000 cfm.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Same here, running a Taurus fan in my CJ-7 and I don't have any complaints. I've never needed to kick it onto high speed, but it's there if I need it.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
x12 on Taurus fan. 2 speed moves a shit ton of air. DPDT switch and wire the low speed on a temp switch for automatic, off, manual (hi).

There's a whole bunch of threads on the Taurus fan.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Lincoln Mark8 with a DC Control FK60 controller. It stays between 190-195*F. The fan was a perfect fit for my 19x22 howe aluminum radiator.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey guys I LIVE IN SPAIN... Taurus fan????

Give me some more information about the Taurus fan? what are thr Taurus?

years of manufacture??

I cantry and buy two from a yard though the phone and hev them ship it to me.

Thanks
eduardo

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
x? spal here

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
which year CLK?

I use a fan from a CLK350. Super quiet and has a built in shroud that fits the stock TJ radiator.
It easier for me to find a CLK fan than a TAURUS one. Much more expensive BUT simpler.
Ed

1 - 20 of 37 Posts