Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully a little less controversial of a question.

First, this is NOT a Moser, Superior, etc type question.

My question is which length short side Dana 60 front inner axle shaft should I use? Ford, Chevy, or Dodge?

I'm curious about which one would be easier to find on and off the trail. They are all within three inches of each other(17.67" for Chevy, 15.98" for Dodge, 15.97" or 18.68" for Ford)

Currently, I've got a Chevy housing and a "spare" Chevy short inner. But I'm debating going to one of the others. I'd like to keep the short side a stock length so I only have one side that is custom length :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I run 15.96" short side in mine. It really depends on your rig, desired axle width and spring center width. Mine is 27.5" on center and 62" wms to wms.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Aggro said:
I run 15.96" short side in mine. It really depends on your rig, desired axle width and spring center width. Mine is 27.5" on center and 62" wms to wms.
So Brian, how long is your long side. Sounds like you have the same setup as mine.

·
Premium Member
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My intended width is going to be 60-61(maybe 62 at the worst case)

Spring width is really irrelivent since I don't really have to use the stock cast in perch plus I plan to upgrade to link suspension of some sort;) Basically, the offset of the pinion isn't going to kill me by an inch or two one way or the other :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Keith said:

So Brian, how long is your long side. Sounds like you have the same setup as mine.

I forget how long it is- roughly 30 or 31. If I had oem wheel hubs on my axle it would be 61" wms to wms. I made custom hubs for mine to move the wms out 1/2" per side to facilitate easier brake caliper brackets.

Originally posted by Lil'John

My intended width is going to be 60-61(maybe 62 at the worst case)
The 15.96" shaft will then get you the most offset pinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts