Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to figure out ways top eliminate my lift blocks. I think that getting lift springs would be the best way, but I dont know what to get. I really liked the Superflex's but they are about 500$. I find springs at Genuine suspension with 4-6" lift for 140 a piece. Are these springs any good? Or should I just do a shackle flip? I have no clue on how those little rivets come out do you just torch them or what? Thanks

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Id do the shackle flip. rivets are best removed IMO with a air chisel

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I guess I will do that. So you just chisel one end and then hammer it through? I have shitty f 250 leaf springs on their now which is why I figured I might as well get some lift springs. Junkyard here i come

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Ramboss429 said:
I just torched the head off of the rivet and used an air chisel to knock it out.
yep that works pretty darn good.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok and then what do you do to put em back where you want. Bolt and weld em? Does it matter how far you drop them down? The hangers?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I used grade 8 1/2" bolts to put mine back together.

You can drop the hangers however far you feel like it. I wouldn't go more than 4-5" myself.

·
Registered
905 Posts
you will want to make some new shackles though. The factory ones are too weak for a flipped design. They are only suitable for a tension set up. I will be making mine out of 3/8" steel, or maybe even 1/2". We shall see...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright cool guys thanks, ill get out and see what I can find.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Franklin said:
F250 shackles will work for ya.

Meh... I recommend building them out of 3/8" steel, but if you really want to buy them, get the F450's...

I have my 350's and I will not be reusing them if you want to send me a shipping label, you can have them...;)

thats a funny smiley :massey:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts