Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that I can use a dual circut master cylinder for my January 1970 FJ40. What dual circut master cylinder do I use from Toyota? Where do I get the adapter to the firewall? Which way do I run the line for the rear brakes? i.e forward and arround or across the fire wall? I had another post about brake lines that someone gave me some great advice regarding my questions. Thanks
Also, did any one find the 9mm fittings hard to get out of the junctions? Is there a trick to getting them out without messing the threads all up?
Thanks for all the help. keep up the good work.

·
Registered
637 Posts
93 FJ80 I think. Check Sleeoffroad.com or Marlincrawler.com. I've seen corrolla, minitruck, cruiser masters on lots of 40s.

Not a great answer but I needed to post something:D

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
You can use ANY of Toyota's drum brake MCs. I used one from the 71-75 era.

I am not sure, but I may have one more non-boosted MC adapter plate left on the shelf. Best to call me at the shop to follow up. I don't remember half of what I post at 10pm by the next day!:p

9mm fittings are often hard to remove, and once removed even harder to reinstall. Good thing you are planning to upgrade the ones you remove to the 10mm type. I just got done reusing an old line on the 45 and I had to spend about 5 minutes carefully filing down the end of the fitting where it had distorted under pressure. It will NOT be reusable the next time I pull the line.:(

Best

Mark A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts