Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have a '00 Chevy 1/2 ton with a 5.3 in it. I use the truck as a DD / tow rig for my IH trail rig. Its stock with the exception of an AEM intake.

I am wanting to cut out the 2-1 section of my cat back and replace it with an X pipe and run duals. For increased flow and better sound. Looking for a pair of mufflers that will give the sound I want.

The sound I want - Only slightly different from stock, not really loud at all. I like how the AEM changed the tone at 3/4+ throttle, I basically want that tone all the time. Just a slightly throatier tone so you can tell its a v8. What comes to mind is a stock corvette, you can tell its a v8 but it really doesn't get alot louder than idle.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
265 Posts
mufflers

i liek flowmasters series 10 race mufflers, there loud but i like loud, alot of people dont like flow masters so its just personal preference, you could get on ebay and try to find some used 04-06 gto mufflers, alot of guys change there exhaust on them, and they will give a throaty v8 sound and not be too loud

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
the dynomax X muffler might get you there through cats,
it reminds me of my 5.0 with offroad pipe

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
magnaflow has some nice stuff but pricey. flowmasters are loud but if you go with some of the tamer mufflers you can get a nice sound w/o lots of volume. though you dont have a big block look into the 50 series delta flows. and of the delta flows are quiter than the non delta's

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 01 gmc with a 5.3 and I ran a dynomax X muffler its not to loud and it sounds good under a load. I only ran one muffler single to dual with the cats.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Magnaflow flow and just run one muffler the x pipe is a waste of money! Especially since you don't have Long tube headers it won't help.

I would get set of long tubes intodual cats, with 2.5'' pipe x into a single muffler and dual out if you want that ******* look.

Do some searching below for exhaust systems!

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/
PerformanceTrucks.net Forums - powered by vBulletin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts