Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 78 gmc 3/4ton 350 th400 np203 combo i wAnt to 203/205 double it.

i can get a 205 from a junk yard, out of many different combos. which would be ideal for my app? one with a manual , th350? or any other apps?

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Anything other than one from behind a th400 will require the case be bored for a larger input bearing so plan accordingly. Look for one that has a 30 spl. front output and non-slip rear output, two less things to upgrade.

I'm limited on knowledge of manual trans. models , some I believe where offered with 32 spl. inputs?

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
you need an 8 bolt racetrack pattern 205 for the TH400. made from 80-87 or so. thats the easiest way. They had a 32 spline short input gear, 30 spline front out put which is easily upgraded to a 32 spliner from a ford or divorced Dodge case.

the 1350 one ton yokes that are common on the GM rear output will slide right on the ford front output shaft.

you can have modifications done to your unit to make it work too. a TH350 or sm465 design np205 have smaller bearings, and require machining to the proper size for the 32 spline short input. the short input is available for 97 bucks or so from www.tbtrans.com under the transfer case section. you need the 7 inch long version.

If you cant find one, let me know. i might could know where you could get one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts