Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 70 rear 60 rear and a 14 full floater..

so which one would you guys run.. and why.. im runnin a 60 front.. so th3 70 matchs the front.. so which one should i run?
thanks

payton

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PurdueYJ said:
do a search you retard!!! you might as well be a newbie...:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
this coming from sum one who usually goes by the girlfriend.. so unless ya got sum input.. keep ur 8 yr old remarks 2 your self.. this is a question for the big boys.. notthe lil girlfriends:flipoff2:
hurry up and get back to indiana.. so we can go wheelin.. show those porc guys how its done.. haha

·
Registered
625 Posts
i would go for 14 bolt as its easy to find and cheap and detroit is only 300 or something.. plenty strong too!!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Go with the D70 if you want..
-lower gears then 5.13s
-lots of parts avalabilty
Go with the 14 bolt if you want..
-no gears lower then 5.13s
-just want a detriot or to weld it
Go with the D60 if you want..
-a weaker axle then the other 2 with no real advantage besides .3" better ground clearance:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
The answer is easy.

if you are poor bastard like me and have very little money and want bullet proof you get the 14bolt.

If you already Have the 60 or 70....... DUH..... better clearance and better gear choices..and it weighs less..

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if u read the first post ive got acess to all 3 axles thats my thing.. im not sure which one to throw under the ass of the heep.. i think im just gonna go with the 70 ive founda detriot for 250ish.. so thats probally what im gonna do.. thanks guys..

·
Registered
860 Posts
i'm in the same boat and i chose a d70 cuz i wanted to run 5.38's or 5.89's and the 14 bolt only goes to 5.13

another thing you need to consider is how much ground clearence you want. i suggest the 70 and getting out the grinder!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
yup go with the 70 as it matches the front. the 14 bolt is only the perfect choice if money is a consideration, the 60 if money isn't or you luck into one with 35 spline shafts.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
I have a 14 bolt, but wish I had a 70 so I could go with 6.17 gears. Obviously don't use the 60 unless it is 35 spline. I vote Dana 70 with some trimming.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I saw 14 bolt, they are easier to set up, and parts are cheaper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts